Drinks chiller modifications

6.5/284matt

I'd just firstly like to thank Russian sniper (Daz) for giving the heads up on my now new drinks chiller that was on Ebay.
My question is, how have you guys that already use drinks chillers for deer install the bar to hang them from.

Cheers. Matt.

My pleasure mate ;)
Is it working ok??

Yes pal. Cut the wiring out for the lights. Short piece of wire between 2 terminals and away she went. So in total it cost me 99p as I borrowed the farther in laws van to collect it and he wouldn't take any diesel money off me.
Thanks again.

Matt.

I have one of these large enough to take up to two Fallow or three Roe which is perfect for me. You will find them very power hungry though, i have managed to get some 4" insulation at £8 a sheet. I am going to built a double skin around it with these and hopefully improve its efficiency.

I wanted overhead bars in my 6' x 6' walk-in chiller but didn't want to drill holes through the insulation to provide the anchor points. In the end, I rivetted a series of galvanised angle brackets to the sides and then fitted some 'U'-section channel over them. To these were bolted some pieces of galvanised industrial sliding door channel. In turn, these were equipped with a number of rolling door hangers with HD eye fasteners - it not only gives me the facility to hang a fair stash of Bambis, but it also means I can move them around without breaking my back!

Back