hornady ammo

Dont know whats in the factory stuff but 38gr Hodgdon H414 works superb with the 100grn BTSP interlocks (#2543)

Been trying too load them with n160 but with very little sucess. I have since bought nosler 95grn ones. These however are fantastic. Great groups. But it might just be my rifle that doesnt like 100grn bullets. Was just trying too see wat hornady used. Coz i tryed a box of them they were decent enough groups but cnt seem too replicate this with my honeloads at all.

With very few exceptions, factories load what is known as a "cannister" powder (designated only by a code number) that is not commercially available. Federal Gold Match 308 is rumored to use 4895 and their 6.5 Creedmore is also loaded with a commercially available powder, but those are the only two that I know of.~Muir

that is quite hot isnt it?
the VV max for N160 is 39.8 and the Lee Max is 42.8
Products - Lapua

OP
what rifle?
did it shoot other 100gr loads OK?

I had two 100gr Interlock loads with N160
one at 38.2gr N160 and one at 40.8gr also N160

both shot very well

Yes it shoots sako 100grn very well indeed. Ive shot alot of different types makes weights of ammo through it when i first bought the gun and too be honest there wasnt a bad one out of the lot.

The gun am using is a tikka m595. Its shot federal 100grns aswell they work fine. I just cnt find a load. Just keep trying i guess.

that is quite hot isnt it?
the VV max for N160 is 39.8 and the Lee Max is 42.8
Products - Lapua

OP
what rifle?
did it shoot other 100gr loads OK?

I had two 100gr Interlock loads with N160
one at 38.2gr N160 and one at 40.8gr also N160

both shot very well

nope works just fine mate,rem700. plus the reloading on the vit page is not for the 100g hornady so dif bearing surfaces,you work your loads accordingly,there is no pressure signs at all just best load for my rifle.

Back