Virgin Media - I'm NOT impressed (rant alert)

SimpleSimon

I called Virgin today to tell them I'm moving house and "please can we take our phone and broadband with us?" I did the same just over a year ago, no problem at all.
After the usual, press 6, press 2, press 1, say your name, press 5, etc. I got through to a real person. Heavily accented, but pleasant enough. Then "no, sorry Mr SimpleSimon, Virgin don't cover the area you're moving to"
Oh, well that's a shame, never mind, please can I cancel?
Of course!

BUT!

You have to pay us £45 on top of your next bill because you're terminating early.
What, even though you can't supply me, I have to pay?
Yes.
So you're saying you're unable to provide me with the service I'm paying for any more?
Yes
But I have to pay you to stop providing it?
Yes
Why?
Because you're terminating early.
Only because you don't cover my new house
Maybe you could let the contract expire?
What, and let the next tenant use services I'm paying for for the next 3 months?
Yes
No!
Oh. Then it's £45 for early termination.

Has anyone else suffered this madness? I'm disgusted! It's not just the money (although I'd rather keep my 45 quid!) it's the principle. She even had the nerve to threaten me with a debt collector if I cancel the direct debit! It's not as if I'm ditching them in favour of a better deal, they're literally turning away my business...

At long last I found a way to complain that doesn't involve wasting my time on the phone, so I'm about to write to them (mysteriously they evidently don't have broadband at their offices, as there's no email address to be seen anywhere on their vast website).

I won't hold my breath for a reasonable response, but we'll see..

i was a installations manager for these bunch of muppets,

and if they can not supply you with the service you have asked for you have all the rights to cancel the contract, no service no payment.

thats like booking a taxi and paying for it not to turn up.

bob.

i was a installations manager for these bunch of muppets,

and if they can not supply you with the service you have asked for you have all the rights to cancel the contract, no service no payment.

thats like booking a taxi and paying for it not to turn up.

bob.

Apparently not, they just keep banging on about the contract being to supply my current address, not me as an individual.

you should work for them !! i had 14yrs as a catv optics and telco head end/build T/B- network tech from the first days of cable tv then phone etc analog then BB etc came in the uk, was a good company until ntl came on board then it all went to crap and the customers then came last network was left to rot and so was the the after service . I glad i am out .#1#6#5 is bolx , 150 then just go to new sales as the CSR' team like a sale.then get them to call you back then tell them to put you onto the dep't you need.NEVER try to book a fault from pakistan request a uk call ??? .

Hi
There is a web page that lists many companies direct Ch-Execs email addresses etc. In my experience (with Student Loans Co.) once they get involved their PA/or other High-end Peson takes a keen personal interest until the matter is sorted - very quick too!
L

Back