ACPO Vs countryside alliance (take note BASC)

They were excellent (and still are) in coordinating responses, dealing with government and generally assisting anglers in Wales resist attempts to give canoeists and other activities open access to our rivers.

They have always been very good
they helped me out alot twice withsome very good advice when the BASC didn't even bother to get back to me

well done CA, I was a little disappointed in the lack of response from basc as I felt they should of done more . my membership with basc is up this month and after many years being a member I will be looking elsewhere for my insurance and back a organisation that backs shooters

See this link from countryside alliance!

New approach to ACPO firearms campaign - Countryside Alliance

Well done to everyone that stood up! Those who were happy to have liberties taken from them can thank everyone else now!

BASC take note: a real lobbying organisation!

I think i may have to consider where my membership lies in the coming months!

Well said. What on earth was BASC thinking when they got into bed with ACPO. BASC were derelict in bending over backwards to accommodate the strictures of a moribund ACPO. Well done the CA and its campaign.

Now remind me again, which is the shooters organisation? A bit like the RSPCA, it seems to have lost its way.

I'm voting with my feet:
BASC Direct Debit now cancelled as was due to renew on 29th Nov, and just joined the Countryside Alliance with 20% first year discount off £66.00 to £52.80...

https://www.countryside-alliance.org.uk/ca/join.php

I might not be the only one, but hopefully they will learn that shooters/Guns/whatever we choose to call ourselves, need them to act. It's getting harder being a legimate certificate holder in this country and we need that single voice to represent us, and for me, this has just been proven to be the CA and that's where my money is now going.

As a long term member of the CA, I am proud of them in the struggle for all country sports, what makes me angry is the attacks on BASC, especially from some people on this forum who are always banging on about the SGA where were they, O I forgot they do cheap insurance, and that's all that matters to some people.

Taff i think u mean SAC's not SGA (Scottish Gamekeepers Assoc, equivelant of NGO down south) .

The SGA do a lot of good work and lobbying north of the border

As a long term member of the CA, I am proud of them in the struggle for all country sports, what makes me angry is the attacks on BASC, especially from some people on this forum who are always banging on about the SGA where were they, O I forgot they do cheap insurance, and that's all that matters to some people.

I attacked BASC simply because i am a member and expect representation from them.....they did nothing....just rolled over!

Back