What the "REMAINS" don't want to tell us!

FrenchieBoy

There was public uproar about the leaflet that the "REMAINS" distributed a while ago which cost more than the "LEAVE'S entire campaign budget allowance so I was surprised when this leaflet arrived through the post yesterday.
I doubt that the "REMAINS" had bargained for this, and at such a strategic time when everything could well hang on the "undecided" votes.
I'll let you read it and form your own opinions but my mind is made up (And has been foe ages now) and I will be voting "LEAVE"!

Attachments

• 02.gif
    02.gif
    173.6 KB · Views: 313
  • 03.gif
    03.gif
    154.4 KB · Views: 286
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 292
  • page 1.gif
    page 1.gif
    127.5 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
Lots of thing neither side is clear on but let put the £350 million per week in perspective.

The leaflet quotes a gross spend - but we get money back in various grants and rebates. Actual net cost is £8.5 bn. To put that in perspective the UK spends £12.2 bn on overseas aid - that figure will not reduce if we exit, in fact I can see many of the do gooder charities arguing for it to increase.

Also remember that the likes of Norway ect contribute to the EU coffers in return for trade rights - and have to abide by EU regulation without any representation.

Also note that inward migration per capita is -2 3 times higher in Norway and Iceland than the UK. MIGRATION WILL NOT GO AWAYOUT WITH THE EU

I'm In

Last edited:
Lots of thing neither side is clear on but let put the £350 million per week in perspective.

The leaflet quotes a gross spend - but we get money back in various grants and rebates. Actual net cost is £8.5 bn. To put that in perspective the UK spends £12.2 bn on overseas aid - that figure will not reduce if we exit, in fact I can see many of the do gooder charities arguing for it to increase.

Also remember that the likes of Norway ect contribute to the EU coffers in return for trade rights - and have to abide by EU regulation without any representation.

Also not that inward migration per capita is -2 3 times higher in Norway and Iceland than the UK. MIGRATION WILL NOT GO AWAYOUT WITH THE EU

I'm In

im not disagreeing with you, but if the above is true, and so simple to outline, why haven't the remain campaign said this? Instead they've played the ridiculous games they (and the leave campaign have played) and confused the masses, myself included! I'm fed up with this and wish that such and important decision which affects us all should have been presented to us clearly and without all the b0ll0cks!

Also not that inward migration per capita is -2 3 times higher in Norway and Iceland than the UK. MIGRATION WILL NOT GO AWAYOUT WITH THE EU

I'm In

These are important considerations

With an exit we can start having meaningful conversations about where we want to take this country and how we might respond to the pressures of the real world

If we remain in, those conversations will NOT (despite all the talk of being a major player in the EU) repeat NOT be made by us

But by shadowy creatures that really run the EU

We have a democratic choice on Thurs - In my opinion an in vote is a vote to end democracy

im not disagreeing with you, but if the above is true, and so simple to outline, why haven't the remain campaign said this? Instead they've played the ridiculous games they (and the leave campaign have played) and confused the masses, myself included! I'm fed up with this and wish that such and important decision which affects us all should have been presented to us clearly and without all the b0ll0cks!

The remain campaign has put these facts across, but like most of this campaign (and the Scottish Referendum last year) both sides of the discussion have been dominated by spin and negativity.

These are important considerations

With an exit we can start having meaningful conversations about where we want to take this country and how we might respond to the pressures of the real world

If we remain in, those conversations will NOT (despite all the talk of being a major player in the EU) repeat NOT be made by us

But by shadowy creatures that really run the EU

We have a democratic choice on Thurs - In my opinion an in vote is a vote to end democracy

If we exit and adopt a Norway type model we will still have to abide by EU regulation on most thinks and have NO say at all - even less democratic than the current situation.

Have a look at the EU directives on private gun ownership...You may change your mind then,on voting to stay in the EU!

If we exit and adopt a Norway type model we will still have to abide by EU regulation on most thinks and have NO say at all - even less democratic than the current situation.

Quite right

So the Norway model is not for us

The bottom line at least is that, with independence, we can HAVE those meaningful discussions with our neighbors

The French and Germans can bluster all they like but their own big business(es) will force them to do a suitable (pragmatic) trade deal (that is if the EU survives - which I think is doubtful - they are terrified of the consequences of an 'Independence' vote by us).

The British are not anti European just anti Brussels .If we could go back to the original idea of a common market without all the political interference we now have I believe most people would support it ?

But I still have the chance to question my local MP on these issues, And vote then accordingly ...no chance with the EU

Well I, for one am heartily sick of the whole business. Arguments for in and out are all based on guesswork anyway. It is undoubtedly very important and possibly the most important thing of a generation. But I just wish it was over and we could get on with the repercussions of whatever the outcome is.

Thanks to the original poster for sharing this, my mind to vote out has been set a while now but I do like the last paragraph on the last page
If we weren't in would we be voting to join? ?

Back