Seeing mod in bottom of scope

Gaz

Just purchased a new set up, Browning X bolt in .243 fitted with a Zeiss Duralyt 3-12 x 50 scope. My problem is that after fitting a Ase Utra sound moderator, I am now seeing a shadow of the mod in the bottom of the scope. I have lifted the scope as far off the barrel as I would like with higher mounts, but this shadow is still visible. Any suggestions would be appeciated. :idea:
Thanks GAZ

The height of your scope makes no difference. Some of mine are 0.5mm off the barrell. You don't say what mag you are using the scope on but as a rule of thumb, between 3 and 5 mag you might see a shadow but after that you should have no problems. If it is still there after 7 mag, I would say it is a problem with head alignment as it is possible to look through a scope and not be viewing central which will create a shadow the same as the scope being too close or too far away.

All you have to do is put a piece of black insulation tape across the bottom of the scope,this will sort it out without you seeing the tape.....curious I know,but true none the less.

Martin

Gaz, i had the same problem with an ASE stainless mod on my T3 and had tried 3 or 4 differnt scopes and mounts but still had the same problem, i cured it by buying an aerosol can of matt black woodstove paint( made by woodcote from memory) and gave it a couple of thin coats of paint, the paint copes with temps of 1400 degrees on woodstoves so has no problem with a mod, i did mine over a year and probably 800 rounds ago and it's still as good as it was when i first did it, on top of that,you don't have to remove it like a neoprene cover to allow the mod to cool after multiple firings and the paint can be totally removed with acetone and be returned to its original finish without adverse effects, if you have a problem deciding what paint to use, i'll e-mail you details of the paint o bought.

ATB

Tikkat3

Back