What Butler Creeks for Zeiss Duralyt 3-12 x 50 IR

270Buck

Hi,

I have already used the search function to try and find the answer.

I have found that I need size 39 for the objective.

What do I need for the eye end, bearing in mind the buttons for the IR controls?

Has anyone actually fitted Butler Creeks to their Zeiss Duralyt 3-12 x 50 IR. Did you need to trim it down at all?

I know the quality of Butler Creeks has gone down, so also open to suggestions of alternatives.

Cheers

Ross

I just use a neoprene cover like this one BushWear: Neoprene Scope Cover / Glove (Camo). I just wish they made the inside bright orange - black / camo can be hard to find if you drop it.

Keeps the scope protected and very quick and silent to remove when needed. In fact I am just waiting for my daughter to outgrow her wetsuit and then go to use that to make a much longer one that covers the whole rifle so that you can keep it all dry, but you can take it off in seconds for when a shot presents itself. In effect a neoprene ie water proof version of the loden slip like BushWear: Loden Rifle Slip

I’ve got butler creeks fitted to mine there's no interference with the IR controls, when I get home from work I'll check what size's they are.

Got Butler Creeks on mine too, but unfortunately no markings on them to give away the size as far as I can see. The cover part is marked on the inside with "17 19 20 21" and "5-6 BLIZ" if that's any use to you. It is a pretty snug fit over the focus ring, but does work fine and doesn't interfere with IR buttons at all.

Got Butler Creeks on mine too, but unfortunately no markings on them to give away the size as far as I can see. The cover part is marked on the inside with "17 19 20 21" and "5-6 BLIZ" if that's any use to you. It is a pretty snug fit over the focus ring, but does work fine and doesn't interfere with IR buttons at all.

Many thanks for the reply Klunk, looks like I will need to find someone with the original packaging. I looked up the numbers you listed and cannot seem to find any definitive answer.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I’ve got butler creeks fitted to mine there's no interference with the IR controls, when I get home from work I'll check what size's they are.

Hi White Hart,

Fingers crossed you have the original packaging as it seems from what Klunk has said that the size is not marked on the actual cover itself!!!

Cheers

Ross

Hi, just bought and fitted mine today, eye bell cap is a size 20, absolute perfect fit! I didn't use butler
creek for the objective, i used a size 6 quake bushwhacker, folds virtually all the way back. Its a tad on the small side so quite tight but does not interfere with the image.

Hi no packaging but on the inside edge it says L20 eye. Hope this helps I've got on fine with them.

imagejpeg

Hi there the eye piece is 20 and the objective is 39.

Goes straight on with the IR no problems.

Back