22 Hornet Round

Roebuck243

Hi going to be stepping into the world of the hornet soon,will be guided on reloading from a friend.probably a CZ so if you have any top recipe loads for me for accuracy that may work please let me know cheers .i I know every gun shoots different but what generally works also and reloading tips I can pass on,

I love my CZ hornet and it is my most used rifle, does it all out to 200 yards, more if you do your part.
Fox at 150 yards is easy, how far past that you go depends on the bullet you pick.

Give SERIOUS consideration to having the chamber modified to the K-Hornet profile

Cases are fireformed by shooting standard 22 Hornet ammunition in it

Makes a big difference to ballistics
http://www.reloadbench.com/cartridges/w22khorn.html

From the info there I have to say makes no difference :confused:
I can get 45 grain soft point out at 3000fps from an 18 inch barrel using a case full of Lil'Gun.

Neil. :)

I have used a hornet for more than 20 years a good old fashioned round that pointed correctly does the job I remember shooting a fox at 300 paces. a friend who is one of the best shots I have ever met (naturally gifted)shot rabbits and hares consistantly at what I would not attempt.
Have Confidance it is a good round without messing with.

I have cz 527 my most used round is 35gn vmax 13 gn lilgun small pistol primer and most important thing of all a slight crimp

I have and used the 35 grain vmax as well and they were also very accurate. But the 35 grain vamax has a very poor BC and gets blown about in the wind,

The 40's have a far higher BC, twice as much! It shoots flatter and is a massively diffrent performenr in the wind.

Hope this has been of some help to you?

Steve.

I have and used the 35 grain vmax as well and they were also very accurate. But the 35 grain vamax has a very poor BC and gets blown about in the wind,

The 40's have a far higher BC, twice as much! It shoots flatter and is a massively diffrent performenr in the wind.

Hope this has been of some help to you?

Steve.
+1 on that just have to modify 527 mag if you want to use 40gr to full mag capacity.

Agreed, other than a possible inablity to feed.

I am just moving my CZ527 17AH back to 17HH, the reduced shoulder angle should allow it to feed nicely.

A

Back