Which 308 factory ammo.

I would see what is easily available locally, and try it to see how your rifle likes it, then stick with it personally. Thought I'd done this sticking with federal ammo for the past few years, but have now been told it won't be available for 2 years...... Now starting again with hornady. They will all do the job at the killing end really, just find one that shoots consistently that you can buy again and again.

I have used Federal normally but for stalking any factory ammo will run through a 308 and be accurate enough. I know that is not much help but try what you can get.
I can recommend RWS and SAKO as both very good in my Varberger.

Hello fellas, n ladies, I've just bought a Sako A2 308,can anyone advise me which 150g <> factory ammo plz. Rgds. Andrew.

Andrew.

I bought some Federal Power Shok last week for £26 a box. However, I suggest you buy a selection of what's available locally and see what your rifle likes under your cleaning regime.

Regards

JCS

T'is post like this that makes one wonder and the low thresh hold of knowledge of most new rifle owners ............................... it also begs the question as the just how knowledgeable the RFD's whom have sold the new shooters the rifles .................................. does it not?

How many times does this really daft question have to be asked on these forums alone?

Geco would be well worth a try, as with the last couple of posts deer won't be able to tell that really they're rws !
Cheers Norma

T'is post like this that makes one wonder and the low thresh hold of knowledge of most new rifle owners ............................... it also begs the question as the just how knowledgeable the RFD's whom have sold the new shooters the rifles .................................. does it not?

How many times does this really daft question have to be asked on these forums alone?
Thanks for you advice.

Your welcome. Advice is free................................ as is the search function on the forums.

What at an ass hole. Why even bother posting such rubbish, if it's been repeated and you find it so boring then don't read it and don't comment, the more you post the more you come across as a dick

What at an ass hole. Why even bother posting such rubbish, if it's been repeated and you find it so boring then don't read it and don't comment, the more you post the more you come across as a dick

Perhaps it's because some are just too stupid to use the forums functions or perhaps to stupid to remember what they had read before. Anyway the fact is that despite many forum members pointing out that barrels and rifles are all different in their likes the same stupid question is posted over and over again.

Now go back to school, junior I would hazard a guess from the very childish attempts at insults, and one day you may even grow up.................................... excuse me if I don't hold my breathe waiting though.

Try PPU, at £12 ish a box its daft not to, my rifle (PH) works well with it and I don't think I could reload a round cheaper than what it costs me

Perhaps it's because some are just too stupid to use the forums functions or perhaps to stupid to remember what they had read before. Anyway the fact is that despite many forum members pointing out that barrels and rifles are all different in their likes the same stupid question is posted over and over again.

Now go back to school, junior I would hazard a guess from the very childish attempts at insults, and one day you may even grow up.................................... excuse me if I don't hold my breathe waiting though.

brit, repetitive it may be, but unless you're being held hostage somewhere, I very much doubt anyone is holding a gun to your head forcing you to read such posts, or post replies. So much easier to take a deep breath and ignore it, the saying 'if you have nothing nice to say, better off keeping quiet' springs to mind, slinging insults between yourself and Tomm....... Poor show, and pointless.

Back