Saw a re-incarnation of the power powder trickler yesterday at the range

Brithunter

Hi All,

Some of the old farts on here might recall a electronic Gizmo that uses a light beam to cut off a power powder trickler when the beam of scales reach the set weight. I recall seeing in in Target Gun and even Guns Review I recall. The first one the electronics were housed in a plastic tupperware type tube then as they got into production a new special casing was sourced.

Well now the one I saw being demonstrated in the clubhouse yesterday at Reepham Moor range is much improved and very professioanl looking. The price is not too bad either at just under £100.

A useful Gizmo if you have the room for it on the bench. As for me I will have to continue with the Mk1 Eyeball and a manual finger twiddled trickler or as have recently being used the Lee Powder Dippers and the scales.

Hi All,

Some of the old farts on here might recall a electronic Gizmo that uses a light beam to cut off a power powder trickler when the beam of scales reach the set weight. I recall seeing in in Target Gun and even Guns Review I recall. The first one the electronics were housed in a plastic tupperware type tube then as they got into production a new special casing was sourced.

Well now the one I saw being demonstrated in the clubhouse yesterday at Reepham Moor range is much improved and very professioanl looking. The price is not too bad either at just under £100.

A useful Gizmo if you have the room for it on the bench. As for me I will have to continue with the Mk1 Eyeball and a manual finger twiddled trickler or as have recently being used the Lee Powder Dippers and the scales.

Love it! ~Muir

£100 notes sounds dreadful to me, will stick to the twiddly finger jobby as usual methinks.

+ 1 with the twiddly finger one,

£100 thats a tube of powder and 200 heads in my 20tac :lol:

LOL! Sorry, but the patriotic British music is cracking me up!:lol:

That being said, it is good to see the UK folks providing products from the UK, and not constantly sourced from the US. (Not to mention it cuts down on the constant complaining about the US dominating the shooting products and the associated import time lags). :D (Putting my kevlar underwear on now...) :p

LOL! Sorry, but the patriotic British music is cracking me up!:lol:

That being said, it is good to see the UK folks providing products from the UK, and not constantly sourced from the US. (Not to mention it cuts down on the constant complaining about the US dominating the shooting products and the associated import time lags). :D (Putting my kevlar underwear on now...) :p
don't worry old chap, I'm sure some American Company will market a copy soon enough :rofl: we are pretty good a bout that sort of thing dontcha know :british::p

I have been thinking about one for a couple of years now, but lack of funds has stopped me.
When I have the funds (like now) I can't decide if it is worth it ?
At the moment I am loading .22 hornet and a few .223 and just use an RCBS powder measure.
It seems to be as accurate as my scales, everytime I check a thrown charge.
( I suppose I just answered my own question didn't I)

Neil. :)

The one I saw being demonstrated in the clubhouse yesterday at Reepham Moor range is much improved and very professional looking.

Is it also produced by Target Master?

For anyone who thinks the TM is a bit Heath Robinson (= Rube Goldberg, for our American friends), since I got one my high-tech Lyman DPS III has spent all its time in its box or round at a friend's. The TM is faster, more consistent, and more accurate.

Im with Mr Gain, my DPS has ben shelved(was on the blink anyway) and replaced by a target master, great piece of kit...:thumb:

I got a targetmaster last year, i concur with other thoughts on here, its fast, accurate and reliable. its a lot better than hand trickling and not badly priced..

Back