Low life's in Lanarkshire?

jimbo123p

Maybe someone was out last night and saw something. I know we have a lot of the Lanarkshire lads on here. Forth St. Paul's church has been hit for the second time in recent weeks. First time round the water heater and everything related to it in metal was taken. Last night it was hit again and the water tank was pinched. It has put the church halls out of commission when parties and Christmas events the folks have been working towards are so near. They even have to look for another venue for the kids Christmas party. Anyone who might have been out and about and saw something please let the police know. Tank was taken between 9.00 and 10.00pm saturday night. Thanks, jim

surely a judicious application of trail camera or even CCTV is called for?
one of the churches round here has razor wire everywhere they have lost their lead so often

Jim,
Nothing suprises me. A couple of weeks ago, two of the travelling fraternity were arrested in the middle of the night stripping the lead from the roof of the Doctors Surgery in Lanark. Thankfully a nocturnal member of the public phoned it in after hearing them.
Many thousands of pounds worth of damage and great inconvenience to all those who use the clinic.
Both were detained and put to court the following day where they plead not guilty and were given bail.
The price of metal at the moment means nothing is sacred.

Lets hope the law which stop scrap metal being paid in cash which comes into affect tomorrow put a stop to this.

Not a chance david it will just create another middle man.

+1 on that. I sell old farm machinery, from time to time. Getting cash for it and cutting out filching middlemen's "fees" is a god send. There used to be so little value in it it was worth letting the scrappies cart it away for nothing... not anymore.

Back