Radwayl Green Ammo

Roebuck270

I have a small amount of Radway Green 7.62 FMJ ammo, going to use it on the range on targets. Some targets will be out to 500 yards. Anyone used this ammunition, any comments ?

Used thousands of rounds of the stuff when in the forces, was noticeably better than the standard ball ammo, both with the L42 and the L96.

If it suits you rifle, it's fine ammo.

In our heavy barrelled club target rifles, my sako varmint and my friend's PH Midland sporter they hold around MOA ( a little less for the target rifles, a little more for the PH ) though with the occasional flyer.

I wish I could still get them for 30 quid a hundred....

This is good to hear, i have got just under 250 rounds the Radway Green Ball L2A2 Sniper, Black Dot. Going to cost me £120 if i find they are any good, if not RFD said he will take them all back.

All of a sudden seems my trip to the gun shop was a worth while trip, listening to you guys it sounds like £120 was a good buy, my RFD has even told me to pay once tried, if no good just bring them back. Maybe i should ask him to try and get more ?? :D:D:D

This is good to hear, i have got just under 250 rounds the Radway Green Ball L2A2 Sniper, Black Dot. Going to cost me £120 if i find they are any good, if not RFD said he will take them all back.

Thought sniper RG rounds had a GREEN DOT??

Well Russian Sniper, maybe you can shed some more light on the matter. I dont really use much militry ammo, although i do shoot with an ex marine sniper. I was on the under standing that green dot was target ammo, black dot was sniper ammo and red dot was belt fed ammo. These 7.62 rounds are still in their packageing and the writeing states 7.62mm Ball L2A2 Sniper, and has a black dot. All this information along with the black dot is all on the same label, so im assumeing the label is not of mixed info.

All of a sudden seems my trip to the gun shop was a worth while trip, listening to you guys it sounds like £120 was a good buy, my RFD has even told me to pay once tried, if no good just bring them back. Maybe i should ask him to try and get more ?? :D:D:D

Pay once tried!!! Some RFD, who is he? Praise where its due.

Well Russian Sniper, maybe you can shed some more light on the matter. I dont really use much militry ammo, although i do shoot with an ex marine sniper. I was on the under standing that green dot was target ammo, black dot was sniper ammo and red dot was belt fed ammo. These 7.62 rounds are still in their packageing and the writeing states 7.62mm Ball L2A2 Sniper, and has a black dot. All this information along with the black dot is all on the same label, so im assumeing the label is not of mixed info.
Google knows all ;)

Here is a bit of info i have just been given,There were two grades of 7.62mm available in 1990, RG "Black Spot" which was normal ball and RG "Green Spot" which was the same ammunition but selected for tight tolerances and marked usually as "SNIPER" with of course a large green spot on the packaging. This was exactly the same as the martch ammo issued at Bisley for competition, im told this often had a purple dot ???

Yes Pilgrimmick, A RFD i will always use, he knows how to look after his customers. In the past i have asked him to get me ammo that he doesnt stock, first time i order he charges cost, then if i like it and want more then he starts putting his profit on top, He has always told me once iv find what i want and like it, he will be putting between 5 and 15 percent on for himself, he even gives me access to his trade account prices, the guy is as straight as a die.

Now these Radway Green 7.62 maybe great they maybe not, he has entered them onto my ticket and told me to pay for them once we know there is nothing wrong with them. Any problems just bring them back.

Russian sniper that link seems to be saying how good the green dot is, not really telling us anything about the black dot. Im not trying to prove anyone right or wrong, just interested in the ammo that has been offered to me, and im interested in it.

Yes Russian sniper, just seen the remark " Hmm Black Spot?

I suspect that some people are getting confused with the markings on the ammunition container.

Ball is indicated be a filled in circle on a service brown metal container this is yellow. On wood (which 7.62 carton used to come in) this was a black filled in circle or 'black spot "

So it will seem that a black dot on the box just indicates its Ball.

Now on the packageing i have it clearly says " 7.62mm Ball L2A2 Sniper. It has a black dot on it,or you could describe it as a circle filled in black, which now seems that all that dot means is Ball. Now also on the lable it has a circle with a cross in it.

The ammunition itself has been head stamped with RG and has the circle with a cross in it. None of the ammuntion has got any coloured spot on it.

All the ammo manufactured by RG is headstamped RG with the circle with a cross in all calibres.
Only the packaging will distinguish what "spot" it is.
Once the rounds are removed from the packaging you will be unable to tell the difference til you fire it over 600m

How about a pic of the packaging?

Might recognise it?

The ammo i'm used to comes in brown cardboard boxes so that might be new stuff?
Can't argue with the label ;)

Back