Land for sale 5000 acres

commercial value of that area is far more, also if you really wanted to make good money from there you could have a higher average cull as the area is literally stowed out with reds,

you'd need to either have a lot of money to 'enjoy' or shoot a lot more than 33 deer pa to make any returns at all. even without a stalkers salary or equipment, you need to shoot probably over 250 deer pa just to return 10% gross, take off stalkers salary, etc. and you probably need to shoot 400 to make that.

I'm guessing this will either be bought up by a syndicate or a larger estate looking to expand. maybe a russian oligarch just looking for a helipad and a bit of fishing.

have to say though, if I had a spare £600k I didn't need, this would be rather attractive for 'fun'

No single farm payment entitlements included in the sale! So 5,000 acres of accommodation land!!! Nice.

I'll emphasise the little 'from' again.
The £600,000 is just to get interest, I can guarantee it will go for far more than that, probably three times that if the usual auction practice is being used.

I'll emphasise the little 'from' again.
The £600,000 is just to get interest, I can guarantee it will go for far more than that, probably three times that if the usual auction practice is being used.

It is being sold in Scotland. That means Scots law applies. The usual form of words here is "offers over" "are invited" but with this sale the particulars list additional items of machinery which are valued over and above, if you want them. Which is why they say "from". I know what I am saying is is right too because I phoned Savills and asked. This land is not likely to sell for anything like 3x the asking. They'd be astonished if it made £750k, including machinery. In fact, it would be in line with my own experience to say, if you put down £600k for the land and a few k's over for the machines, in a proper Scots offer today, ie. not a "conditional" offer but a full final and binding one, you might well find that puts them into a bit of a tailspin. Give the offer a decent expiry date, till something like 19th September and you might find it's your land on 20th September . Whether the Scots Government will let you keep it all or not, is another matter, given the proposals they have on limiting land holding in future.

That's probably the reason for the sale. Scots government will probably put some restriction on it when you get independence?

That's probably the reason for the sale. Scots government will probably put some restriction on it when you get independence?

I think the independence thing is really a bit of a red herring. There are a raft of proposals in the pipeline right now, from airgun licensing (even though we've had the consultation on that, this is announced today bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-28097852 I guess they didn't like the way the proper procedure went) to allowing compulsory purchase of land by local communities (in consultation now, but only for land currently outwith state ownership) which they are trying to pass into law regardless of what colour flag flies over the parliament building. The depth, breadth and number of currently proposed reforms is mind blowing and all everyone seems to be talking about is the Union.

seems expensive to me for what it is ....and the very limited animals taken off of it in recent years .

Certainly not commercially viable....rich mans play park perhaps ?

ATB
CVK

It doesn't seem expensive for where it is the hills look very shallow till you get there and they go to 1000 ft plus the 8 hours travel time from cheshire and when you get into Ullapool for your shopping there is only two shops i don't think it will fetch much
more than the £600k it work take a hard dedicated man to stalk that ground

It doesn't seem expensive for where it is the hills look very shallow till you get there and they go to 1000 ft plus the 8 hours travel time from cheshire and when you get into Ullapool for your shopping there is only two shops i don't think it will fetch much
more than the £600k it work take a hard dedicated man to stalk that ground

Travel time from Cheshire and only two shops in Ullapool probably don't figure too highly in Saville's reckoning:)
Seriously though,land and estates come up for sale all the time so no need to panic.

Friends and I have a game we play each year at the Game Fair, along the lines of 'I've won £10 million on the Lottery...now what to spend it on?'

Last year, £10 million took no time to spend at all, so this year it's £20 million...

When you've bought your lowland estate, Highland estate, invested money to create a sinking fund to pay for maintenance of both estates, staff etc, you're soon through the thick end of £15 million

I think you have to look at the bigger picture , those estates on that side notoriously and deliberately do not do big culls but accumulate large numbers of well bread deer purely (traditionally) for sport and the money is a guaranteed trophy stag and not for the venison, that area has such a large (and surrounding areas) concentration of red deer that a lot of contractors make a very good living off intensified culling so although the numbers seem low that is actually quite high for a sporting estate.

would take along time to get your money back, if ever, and always the fear that if you are from south of the border the locals may want it back in the future.

Back