Lamping equipment

Tulloch

hey All

Looking for advice,

I am looking for a Lamp mount for the truck but I want one that attached to the door or roof that is not a permanent fixture or means that I have to drill a blooming great hole in the roof of my L200,

Any ideas

Tulloch.

Why not try a large crocodile clip ,as in inspection light in garages but fastened to the lamp in question ,rubber grips of course so as not to scratch the wheels clamped to open window, easier to think about than describe? ps if it works dont forget it was my idea, atb doug

if you buy those suction handles they use for carrying glass you can modify them by attatching a handle to them and then your light,then just sucks onto the door

Definitely, get a decent pair of gloves for lamping in the winter.

oh its not the problem of the cold lol I actually don't mind it, It is truly so I can get a great view of the lamp if I am in the car myself at both sides of the vehicle. I am gonna be doing some pest control on a local farm and the layout warrants me to beable to see all around me. Just thought if there was some attachement I can get for my lamp so I can shine it over the top of the vehicle.

The actual lampings not a problem , the problems arise when you want too ,load / shoot / change gears / open gates , scratch your deriair, laugh at your mate, or in my case myself , and after all that if you manage to shoot anything getting out of vehicle too pick it up! ITS GOOD FUN THO!:old::fox: ATB DOUG,

I have a Shogun Sport and my mate has a L200, we both use the lightforce suction roof mount and remote handle with a 170 light, works very well.

Ian.

I use a single roof bar mounted to line up just up behind my head and one of the LF hinged brackets for the T handle.... ie the hinged bit that sits on the end of the suction bar roof mount - they're about £25 and available separately. Made the clamp by adding a bit of ply and 2 wing nut roofing bolts which fit the holes in the bracket. I also ran a cable off the battery into the cab with a lawnmower plug so I don't need the ignition on to work the lamp.

This lets me see over the roof and folds out of the way when the door opens..... and the line of the light is in generally line with your eyes so you get direct reflection on any eyes.

Cheers

Fizz
:cool:

Back