two with one shot

approxaimetly 5 years ago this month i was out lamping with a mate and we heard something ahead,said to my mate quick put the lamp on,2 foxes came rolling through the hedge,i mounted the rifle and took a freehand shot at abot 50yds and stoned the both with one shot,i was wondering if anybody else had done that.atb swarovski

Had two pigs with one shot from a .303 in Australia once, also had 2 rabbits with one shot from a .22 Doesn't happen very often, but i suppose if you fire enough shots something like it is bound to happen eventually:british:

had simmilar couple of years back sat in high seat out comes Vixen then the Dog runs around a bit dog mounts vixen 150g super hammer head .308 spoilt the show

i did have another chance of a double whammy on a pair of foxes mating,was waiting for them to be in right angle and my mate shot one on purpose so i couldnt

Not two in one shot, but, I did shoot a dog fox who was having a S**T early one morning, whilst out stalking. Stll makes me laugh now and it must have been ten years ago.:rofl:

Did two foxes with one shot with the shotgun once and two rabbits a few times with the rimfire.

i did have another chance of a double whammy on a pair of foxes mating,was waiting for them to be in right angle and my mate shot one on purpose so i couldnt

My mate did something similar. Shot the dog off the back of the vixen and from memory he then got the vixen as well. Mind, if I had to go...

We never advocate shooting deer if there is another one behind it, but it surprises me we don't show the same attitude to foxes. After all, the possibility of a shot going through number one and hitting number two in the guts/legs etc are still the same.

I got two hill maggots with one shot, one in the nut and the other in the neck.

I will admit I never saw the second one your honour.

An acquitance of mine once shot a buck in a barley field track, it went down and he felt he saw something stir a little further back in the barley. Once gralloched he walked a few yards further just to see what might have stirred, there was another large 6 pointer with a perfect H/L shot.:eek:

Not two in one shot, but, I did shoot a dog fox who was having a S**T early one morning, whilst out stalking. Stll makes me laugh now and it must have been ten years ago.:rofl:

One of my Irish friends always has a poo in the forest, we think that the smell of the pines activates his rear end.
One day he was sitting having his poo when a useful Sika stag appeared, he got his rifle which was propped up nearby and after some shuffling about dropped the stag.
Only then did he find that he had knelt in his own deposit.
His nickname now is O`Toole the Terrible Turd !!!

HWH.

Last edited:
I was lamping last year on the cubs , had a good night shooting a few but saw more that I couldnt get a shot at. Went back 1st light and found another cub lying dead 20 yards from where I shot one on the previous night. I also shot a muntjac once from a highseat and when I went to collect it there was a grey squirrel lying dead with a fresh wound to the head 40 yards behind it. Shot 2 rabbits a few times with the rimmy...

Had 2 foxes in less than 5 mins one but with 2 bullets im afraid :). Dropped 2 Canada geese once wth 1 shot inflight at a good 60 yards...Was very happy, one was stone dead(the one I was aiming at) the other was winged (and despatched quickly)

My brother sat with his back to a gate post and looking along a valley bottom ride took a vixen and dog fox with one shot (stood broadside shoulder to shoulder), then remained in position for another hour or so accounting for two Roe bucks along the same ride. A Red Letter morning!

With a shotgun I have doubled several bird/wildfowl species several times, best and most recent was 3 cock wigeon with one shot a couple of weeks ago up on the Dornoch. With a rifle once had two cubs with a single shot outside an earth but I know keepers who do that quite often.

I was lamping last year on the cubs , had a good night shooting a few but saw more that I couldnt get a shot at. Went back 1st light and found another cub lying dead 20 yards from where I shot one on the previous night. I also shot a muntjac once from a highseat and when I went to collect it there was a grey squirrel lying dead with a fresh wound to the head 40 yards behind it. Shot 2 rabbits a few times with the rimmy...

My one an only Muntjac buck was shot at about 50yds from a high seat. straight after the shot I noticed a squirrel breakdancing about 10 yds behind where the Muntjac had been standing, and as I watched it,it keeled over dead. When I picked the deer up I examined the squirrel and a bit of the bullet had gone through its guts and out one of the back legs. Peripheral damage:D

Lakey

Went with my dad one morning and very early wild boar were going back from the field back to the forestry, and as they usually do in a long tram. My dad took a shot when they stopped and they all run. We waited for a bit more light and took the dog from the car. We saw the boar down on the field as it dropped on the spot, so watched the dog. He went straight to the boar jumped over it and run away to the middle of the stubble. 250m away was another boar dead. We would have never found it or even suspected the bullet went through one boar and ended up in another...
Always good to have a dog with you...

:lol: That made me laugh too - and I wasn't even there!

I take it he dropped on the spot.

didnt think for a minute i would be only one with a double whammy.i didnt mention it in my earlier thread but a mate of mine head shot a roe doe and and went over to grallock it and there was 2 laid there,he didnt know another was directly behind,they must of been stood in perfect position,he had his moneys worth out of that bullet :D

have had 2 rabbits a few times,its quite easy with c/f rifles,my best shot to date is a 496yd crow,thats quite some shot,anybody had one any further,have shot quite a few past 400yds,just a fun shot now and again,i like long range shooting and i know my drops out to 600yds,just a matter of the wind

Back