Variation arrived!

wikedwickedmotox

Well i finally have my variation through, asked for a 7 08, fac shotgun all passed no questions! asked for boar to be added no problem! asked for my conditions on my center fire rifles(243 and 7 08 ) to include all ground game vermin as i was only allowed deer and fox on the .243 all sorted, also asked for my firearms to be opened up they said nur nur oh well! devon and cornwall very good, checked all permissions all ok!
Well what to do now with the 7 08? I really want a pretty gun that shoots well, do i go custom remy action etc? What do you think?

Sako 85, Browning X-bolt or Sako A7, Schultz and Larsen Classic (if they are still available). Three lug design with midline feed. You'd be crazy to go down the custom Remington pathway these days.

It just doesn't represent good value for money, and whilst you can make them fairly accurate they are never going to be the best stalking action. Feed is typically so-so, and i have seen several Remington extractors go. You would be better off buying a quality gun in the first place - even starting with a custom action. But in my opinion for a stalking rifle, you are just better off buying something high quality in the first place.

Back