Teckels

6.5/284matt

99.9% sure I'm getting one soon.
Just like to here from you guys that own one, what you think of the breed, what there like with kids/ other dogs etc.

cheers. Matt.

Have got a Dachshund, so very similar. Only had him 8 weeks but thus far - quite aggressive (in a good way), play fights with the cocker for hours on end, already showing great potential with little scent trails, good companions. He's outside in the kennel with the cocker on a night already, comes to work with me during the day and he's been no bother! Definitely a good pet but there have been tales of them being very possessive over carcasses and can be a bit nippy with fingers!

Tom

Got to agree with the above apart from I don't have a cocker, I have two young boys instead ( for my sins ) and he play fights with them. He's 4 months old but I've only had him for a week and were fighting with separation issues at the moment.

Got to agree with the above apart from I don't have a cocker, I have two young boys instead ( for my sins ) and he play fights with them. He's 4 months old but I've only had him for a week and were fighting with separation issues at the moment.

You didn't get your pup from Richard price by any chance did you?

Yep. Why?

I saw you were looking for accommodation near Brechin cos you were going to pick a teckel up and put 2 an 2 together. I was going to have one off him but decided against it. We'v now decided to get one but after speaking to him today all the pups have gone but he's put me onto someone in Ross on wye who's got a litter at the minute.

I picked up the last pup he was keeping one for himself, although I booked him 3 weeks in advance.
I guess he's put you in touch with a german lady that I spoke to too. If it is her then don't let her abruptness put you off. She's seemingly very nice.
ATB with your search

I have a teckel, Swedish import swapped her for a cocker pup with Jagare.

She has bitten everyone I stalk with, most of them deserved it! Good with kids so far though, and has a spectacular record on deer.

Would not be without her.

I saw you were looking for accommodation near Brechin cos you were going to pick a teckel up and put 2 an 2 together. I was going to have one off him but decided against it. We'v now decided to get one but after speaking to him today all the pups have gone but he's put me onto someone in Ross on wye who's got a litter at the minute.

Nick Valentine.

I have a 6 month old Teckel and wouldn't be without her. She lives peacefully with 5 GSP's, adores adults and children and so far hasn't bitten anyone. She has an excellent nose and has scored 100% so far with her deer tracking. She is very possessive of her deer but she only gives a growl and the other dogs leave well alone. We have no trouble taking anything off her. I also take her picking up with me, she gets on well with all the other dogs at the shoot. She does guard the pile of birds my dogs bring back but strangely enough only from her own pack and not other dogs. She does not like to be left out of anything that's going on but if left does settle happily as she has plenty of company. Do get one they are such fun characters with endless energy.

I have a 6 month old Teckel and wouldn't be without her. She lives peacefully with 5 GSP's, adores adults and children and so far hasn't bitten anyone. She has an excellent nose and has scored 100% so far with her deer tracking. She is very possessive of her deer but she only gives a growl and the other dogs leave well alone. We have no trouble taking anything off her. I also take her picking up with me, she gets on well with all the other dogs at the shoot. She does guard the pile of birds my dogs bring back but strangely enough only from her own pack and not other dogs. She does not like to be left out of anything that's going on but if left does settle happily as she has plenty of company. Do get one they are such fun characters with endless energy.

She sounds cracking mate.
Do you have any pictures to share?

cheers. Matt.

I have a 8 month old teckel too. I am pretty impressed with her so far. I have only known labs so far and do admit that she is a bit more headstrong than the labs. However she is learning well to heel and to come when called. She has only done one blood trail to date and she followed it like a rocket. I am introducing her slowly to the noise of a shotgun. I'll do more blood trailing soon and may try taking her stalking with me soon.
Good luck!

Back