Training in Northumberland

Akeld

I know Greenlee do DSC, but there seems to be a training void in the whole area.
No ADM, carcass handling, RTA, First aid etc

Looking through BASC/NGO mags very little seems to happen, other than charity clay shoots, normally any course I want to do involves a drive down to Yorkshire or over the border to Scotland, is this due to lack of interest by people in the area or lack of interest in the area by the training bodies. I know a few will answer "get enough people we'll run the course", which is fair enough, but the Shooting organisations seem to avoid the area as a whole, or perhaps its just me being paranoid:-|

I have just completed a DSC1 with Jon at Greenlees and I know he does larder courses. He is a great guy in a beautiful location.

Unfortunately the call for training courses in your part of the word and indeed Northern England in general is pretty slim. I know Jelen deer services were willing to expand their excellent training up to the North but it seems no-one was interested and the plan was consequently scrapped.
any courses need a decent punt of candidates to make them worth doing but it seems people either don't want to pay or feel they don't need training.

I have just completed a DSC1 with Jon at Greenlees and I know he does larder courses. He is a great guy in a beautiful location.

+1 on that , I did my DSC1 with Jon , great couple of days also had a good morning stalk out with him

Ray

Unfortunately the call for training courses in your part of the word and indeed Northern England in general is pretty slim. I know Jelen deer services were willing to expand their excellent training up to the North but it seems no-one was interested and the plan was consequently scrapped.
any courses need a decent punt of candidates to make them worth doing but it seems people either don't want to pay or feel they don't need training.

Seems to be the general consensus, I did a course with the deer initiative over in the lakes, the instructor said the same, he was tired of cancelling courses for lack of interest. Looks like travelling is the only option, apathy wins again:-|

I know Greenlee do DSC, but there seems to be a training void in the whole area.
No ADM, carcass handling, RTA, First aid etc

Looking through BASC/NGO mags very little seems to happen, other than charity clay shoots, normally any course I want to do involves a drive down to Yorkshire or over the border to Scotland, is this due to lack of interest by people in the area or lack of interest in the area by the training bodies. I know a few will answer "get enough people we'll run the course", which is fair enough, but the Shooting organisations seem to avoid the area as a whole, or perhaps its just me being paranoid:-|

We run

Pre DSC1
DSC 1
1st Aid
DSC 2 AW

Out of Kielder, at Kielder Castle. Northumberland

Back