Emigrating

MONGOOSE

Hi guys I no this is certainly not stalking related but would like people's opinion, me and my woman are considering emigrating to Canada we have recently been visiting family over there and the place and people are so much nicer than over here the wildlife and hunting is awesome we have been plenty of times before, we have both been offered jobs which would secure our sponsorship, but a few things are troubling me I moan like hell about immigrants/immigration etc over here do you think that's how they would see us over there? the family say its different over there for a few reasons the population being much lower for one of them and they only really have "good" immigration over there ie you have to pass tests secure a job etc, we both have a good job own our house no kids and not having any also we are aged 29+25, it just seems this country is not what it was or should be and that's even in my lifetime let alone the generation before me it's gone PC insane being ruled by Brussels etc what would you all do if you had the choice? Your views good and bad are most welcome thanks

Go for it mate this country of ours has gone to the social scroungers. There is no way back for us.

Give it a go, you may never get the same opportunity again and will be forever wondering what might have been. atb tim:cool:

What have you got to loose?

I went to Africa more than twenty years ago with wife and two kids then aged 10 months and just on 2 years old on the strength of having been there on holiday once. A brilliant experience I would not have missed for anything. We had to leave after ten years for various reasons (kids education and my own health) but the life and experiences were very special. I ran my own fishing boat (sailfish, tuna, etc) and hunted - including buff. The only down side is, as they say Africa keeps calling you back - so am off to Zambia and Namibia in a few months - not to hunt, just to experience.

If you have the right attitude, glass half full, you will make a go of it, otherwise as I say you have nothing to loose. I am sure that in Canada you will find similar experiences to engage you.

If nothing else it looks much better on the CV - no matter what it is you do. I am currently in Kuwait filling the coffers - I jumped before it got too late at home. It will open up all sorts of other opportunities for you that currently you do not realise even exist - and your family is only a plane ride away - you will probably like us be swamped with visitors.

Go for it mate this country of ours has gone to the social scroungers. There is no way back for us.

Go for it!
Nothing ventured nothing gained, and certainly nothing to lose..

regards
Now

Give it a go, you may never get the same opportunity again and will be forever wondering what might have been. atb tim:cool:

That's what we and other keep telling ourselves we were considering it three or four years back but we had not long brought our house so it got put on the back burner what really hurt though was our recent visit we went to a cousins house which he had just brought 4 bedrooms 21/2 acres of land pool etc for the same price as our semi detached house in the middle of town crazy to be honest

Hope the mrs doesn't read this:oops:

Go for it, I had the chance ten years ago to move to Hamilton/Toronto as I have family there qualifyed for sponership etc after me and creuella split up, I pulled out at the last minute.
A little of me regrets not doing it, as you say it is a awesome place, but I do have a good lady now.
Go for it, sounds like you may have already made your mind just need that final prompt.

Weeman

If you have been given the chance then I would say "go for it". But why are you being so indecisive? What is here that you are going to miss so much?

I really don't no mate it's just such a big move giving up our jobs house family although they a basically kicking us over there as they no we would not regret it it's just nice to have others opinions although at the end of the day it's really our owns that matter I suppose, does anybody no if we could take our dogs with us don't think I could leave them lol

Go for it . I moved to Sweden 9 years ago, i don't regret it for one minute. Just fit in with the natives. Simple.
I've got no intension of ever moving back to the UK.

What have you got to loose?

I went to Africa more than twenty years ago with wife and two kids then aged 10 months and just on 2 years old on the strength of having been there on holiday once. A brilliant experience I would not have missed for anything. We had to leave after ten years for various reasons (kids education and my own health) but the life and experiences were very special. I ran my own fishing boat (sailfish, tuna, etc) and hunted - including buff. The only down side is, as they say Africa keeps calling you back - so am off to Zambia and Namibia in a few months - not to hunt, just to experience.

If you have the right attitude, glass half full, you will make a go of it, otherwise as I say you have nothing to loose. I am sure that in Canada you will find similar experiences to engage you.

If nothing else it looks much better on the CV - no matter what it is you do. I am currently in Kuwait filling the coffers - I jumped before it got too late at home. It will open up all sorts of other opportunities for you that currently you do not realise even exist - and your family is only a plane ride away - you will probably like us be swamped with visitors.

Thanks for that mate, sounds like you had/have a whale of a time and as you say we have nothing to loose do we...

If you do not do it you will regret it for the rest of your life..... been there got the T-Shirt. Now I am too old. If I could I would gone tomorrow.

go for it if you don't you'll always be saying what if, i left in the late 80s and would not go back to the uk now(even if i was let )lol, i had the chance to go to british columbia and have always regretted not taking up the offer
lifes too short for regrets

As long as you are alive, you`re never too old...

Actually unless I suddenly become a multi millionaire I think you will find that lots of good countries have age limits on immigrants. Of course if your a multi millionaire those limits tend to just fade away like smoke.

You still here .

Get packed and go I lived in Canada Alberta and BC don't know why I ever came back to this toilet, it has nothing left in it, all the scrounging dole hugging arseholes have ripped the heart out of the country.

when a genuine person hits hard times you can get nothing back because the system is made that way ,could only happen in the UK .

Hej Basil, I like the Country The lack of cars and people. It clean and the people still have a sence of tradition and culture. Plus you can hunt with dogs. Think of the UK with 5 million people. Thats Sweden
Pro rata we have as many idiots in Sweden as in the UK. There is just more space between each idiot.

Hej Basil, I like the Country The lack of cars and people. It clean and the people still have a sence of tradition and culture. Plus you can hunt with dogs. Think of the UK with 5 million people. Thats Sweden
Pro rata we have as many idiots in Sweden as in the UK. There is just more space between each idiot.
:rofl: That's why I live in Montana. Lots of square miles between you and the next guy!~Muir

Sounds like my kinda place...

Back