Hello from Sussex

airgunshooter

Hello,
Alan from Sussex, I’ve just joined up as I’ve discovered the delights of Deer Stalking (with my mentor) and am now looking into doing my DSC1. I’ve been shooting for a good number a years in all sorts of disciplines with a slight break while my son was in nappies, now he isn’t (12) he’s out shooting with me, although not on the deer. My ‘cupboard’ consist of Sako75 .243, 10/22 Ruger, CZ 22LR, CZ 17HMR, , 32 & 44 cal Remington (Uberti) black powder pistols, 12g Beretta 686, 12g Beretta A303 semi Auto, 20g Beretta 682, .177 HW95K, .177 Falcon Light Hunter and an Air Arms S400 in .177 which I use for HFT shoots.
I am fortunate to have shooting permission on a farm of about 1000 acres and my son and I are out on the land quite a lot taking on the role of vermin control, especially myself as I have taken early retirement. Apart from lamping for rabbits and foxes we also shoot clays at a local shoot where my son is regularly in the top three in Class C. He also joins me at a local club to shoot off the black powder pistols.
[FONT=&amp]Your site is so well informed with knowledge I hope to learn more about deer stalking, which is new to me.[/FONT]

Hi Alan, glad to have you on board. Where in Sussex are you? I am close to Billingshurst.
Tusker

Do you know Ian Tullet,keeper at Swanborough farm shoot? we are having a day on the partridges with him soon.
Tusker

Do you know Ian Tullet,keeper at Swanborough farm shoot? we are having a day on the partridges with him soon.
Tusker

Hi Tusker, strange you should mention Ian I only met him about a fortnight ago. I'm a member of a local HFT air rifle club called Swallows and we rent a field at Swanborough Farm near the fishing lakes. I think the chairman's son Stuart does some part time keeping for him on the Greenwoods Estate, any way he came along to see Stuart and his Dad when I was talking to them.

Back