taxidermist in NE Scotland

alan

Gents
A friend has shot a very good red stag, he wants to get the head set up and needs a good taxidermist to do it, but he needs advise on how much cape to leave on the head so as not to make a mess of it.
Any one know someone who can advise / do the head?
Alan

Cut behind the front legs and that will give the taxidermist plenty to work with. Bill Bartlett on here has done some excellent work, my royal was done by Willie Forbes of Braemar, the pics are on here

i cut mine around the ribs and give the boy the whole front end! better too much then not enough.
i use a boy on the A9 at ballinluig he first class and does allmy stuff and never had a bad thing yet.

i cut mine around the ribs and give the boy the whole front end! better too much then not enough.
i use a boy on the A9 at ballinluig he first class and does allmy stuff and never had a bad thing yet.

ajfab, I think this guy shut down a year or two ago!!! ATB Rich

no he has not he just finished renting the premises he was at.
he has a stag of mine and a roe buck at the min also got a fewbits to drop of this year.
he now works from home just up the road towards tullimet
ajfab, I think this guy shut down a year or two ago!!! ATB Rich

I have a Willie Forbes painting on my wall that Willie gave to me as a gift and you can tell that the years in the field really have really paided off as he can capture the real feeling of nature. I have seen many of his caped heads and they are awesome. Willie lives just outside Breamar and don't expect to go in for a quick chat.

Gents
A friend has shot a very good red stag, he wants to get the head set up and needs a good taxidermist to do it, but he needs advise on how much cape to leave on the head so as not to make a mess of it.
Alan

As a minimum cut at the base of the neck / top of the shoulder.
He could try Will Gallant from Collace just outside Perth.
I've seen a wild goat head he did last year and it was really good.

Gents
Alan

As a minimum cut at the base of the neck / top of the shoulder.
He could try Will Gallant from Collace just outside Perth.
I've seen a wild goat head he did last year and it was really good.

Base of neck is far too short. Cut as far back as the sternum cartilage - pic attached. Bill. (tel: 07776165947 if you need advice) Just don't cut up the back of the neck as per third picture!

Last edited:
Back