the wifes pencil drawings

norma 308

Due to the superb comments from the forums members the wife would like to share some of her art with you guys ,before she goes public with trade membership and as there is nothing on here she can use as a guide could you indulge us in a little market rsearch before she takes the plunge .

would you prefer prints of an original
...................... an original
...................... framed
...................... unframed
prints would be cheaper than an original and limited
we have an excellant framer nearby
any other help would be most appreciated ,as yet we dont know how much printing will cost even but if this is too expensive may not even be an option .
once again thankyou all for your time
good hunting
norma

Original would be good, however I have a house full of Doug Hyde prints and am equally happy with them. Mounted would be easier to post than framed. Your wife could offer limited prints as standard with commissions taken and framing if requested.

Put me down for a Roe buck print?

Good luck

Dom

Rather than free sketching heads, commissions may be a more lurative market. With the pride many on here have for trophy stalks a sketch from of their own kill may be a better seller. I know a lot of NESSR unds have been made through a member who does dog portraits, Just a thought, Jim

Due to the superb comments from the forums members the wife would like to share some of her art with you guys ,before she goes public with trade membership and as there is nothing on here she can use as a guide could you indulge us in a little market rsearch before she takes the plunge .

would you prefer prints of an original
...................... an original
Before she takes the plunge? Its £10 for a trade membership per month, so she should just go for it, she is obviously well talented.
But in answer to your question, i would buy an original, then the purchaser could sell the prints couldnt they?
Cheers
Richard

Just a thought but whatever the customer wants in terms of type, she should maybe only offer them for post in very stout cardboard tubes for framing by the customer.
My DIL used to try to post framed stuff and the problems with breakages etc in the post still haunt her.

Beautiful work by the way!

you can get proper boxes for framed stuff they are angled ,i send quite abit of stuff out framed i usually put a thin piece of mdf over the top as well ,atb wayne

i would love to be able to draw like that,i am affraid thats a gift you cant learn,that is superb mate

Framed for me. What sizes? That stag looks great. I would be interested

What kind prices?
Thanks
UK Guy

Before she takes the plunge? Its £10 for a trade membership per month, so she should just go for it, she is obviously well talented.
But in answer to your question, i would buy an original, then the purchaser could sell the prints couldnt they?
Cheers
Richard

With tallent like that , if she has any sence she will keep the copyright not pass it on with the sale of a original , she is the artist and should make any profit to be made not some speculator, or she should sell origanals for £1000 to allow someone to make copies.

guys dont want to get in trouble with admin here, your comments are very valuable but costs and the structure of how we do things will take time to sort out ,we will advertise on here when it gets sorted and you guys will get first dibs .this thread is bringing up the kind of questions we wanted to anwser .many thanks
norma

With tallent like that , if she has any sence she will keep the copyright not pass it on with the sale of a original , she is the artist and should make any profit to be made not some speculator, or she should sell origanals for £1000 to allow someone to make copies.
Exactly the point i was making and the input he wanted, he would have to think about those things.
Cheers
Richard

I'd be interested in Mrs Norma doing one of each of my dogs. The stag is great as are all of her drawings!

a mates wife does prints as well only she uses the dot method,,,,dotting a pencil on the paper if you get what i mean,,,,would like one of a Hare on its back legs.

paul

IMHO mounted, with a choice of mount colours would give everybody a chance to get them framed to suit where they wish to display the drawings.
Ps Excellent drawing, I would probably take some when they are on offer.

You're mixing up two things here.

When you buy an original piece of art all you buy is the original, you don't somehow magically acquire the rights to make copies. If an artist finds that someone has made copies of an original artwork they sold, they will have every right to sue them for breach of copyright. Copyright remains with the artist unless they explicitly sign it over to the purchaser. It's no different whether you sell an original for £1 or £10,000,000.

In answer to the original question, I would prefer an original and unmounted. Good framing costs money, but it can make or break a picture, and to do that you have to know where it is going to be hung. What looks stunning in one place can look washed out in another - think of the colour of the walls, other pictures nearby, whether the picture is going to be in light or in shade, etc.

Norma, if your wife decides to do more and sell them, please add me to the list.

willie_gunn

Back