charlies in the snow, well one charlie. :)

popped out today for a mooch aboot.

I arrived on the land to see a big boy way out but he was not playing but this wee pretty thing was seen about 100 yards from the bird pens, all but empty in my fuel tank and sat freezing my nuts off calling her in for the best part of 20 mins finally she succumbed to the home made call,

home made squeaker worked until she got to about 230 yards from me. she picked up my cent on the wind and sat down to wait and see what it was all about.

set the mag to 6, safety off, heads up over the bank and ping, off went that we 20tac with its 40 gr vmax,

if you look at the picture you will see the impact pushed here from a sitting position backwards to where she lay, (also the spots of claret give it away too.)

just wish i had got the big boy i seen on the way in but he was way to far and not coming to any calls i tried.

nice end to a couple of hours on the ground,(can't do it like i used to do i was blowing out my Rs; when i got back to the 4x4.) she was all of 27lb and in nice condition well fed and clean, fine set of teeth and as you can see she sleeps well.

bob,

View attachment 23813

Nice write up - set up looks nice too... Sako action and border barrel?

spot on BD.

5 profile 20.25" 1 in 12 twist, sako s/491,crisp trigger set to break at about .75, zeiss conquest 4.5/14x44mc, ase cqb 223 mod, 20 tac dakota brass 40gr vmax over 23.5 gr RL10x started with a cci primer,

nice to be able to shoot in the daylight as im normaly out in those wee small hours.

well chuffed.

bob.

Bob, Take a bit of polystyrene with you next time, then when you run out of puff, wet the polystyrene, or dip it in some snow, and rub your windscreen. The squeaking will bring them in even if it is only out of curiosity.
Good write up.
When do you start work ?

Bob, Take a bit of polystyrene with you next time, then when you run out of puff, wet the polystyrene, or dip it in some snow, and rub your windscreen. The squeaking will bring them in even if it is only out of curiosity.
Good write up.
When do you start work ?

Morning Eddi.

Not sure yet as lord ? is not home from Africa, i think it may be the first of feb, and on trial until end of march. i have a wee bit of foam in the car but it was about 1/2 a mile back so no use to me in the car ?.

i have seen people with a bit of plastic stuck to the side of the stock with velcro and they use that to squeak from, i just wanted to have a look yesterday and as said one was way out past rifle range, and the vixen was closer and popped up out of the blue, i was just about to take a pop at a pigeon sat at the base of the dung pile but spotted her first. :)

bob.

well done bob nice to know the tac is doing the buissnes cant wait till mines done
regards pete

not got it yet pete ?

if push comes to shove bud ill be selling both the 243 and the 17hmr but this will still be here.her in doors is doing my flipin head in about transport for the new job/when it starts.

Back