Reloading my first 22-250 rounds

chris .222

Just reloaded my first batch of rounds since I've had my 22-250 followed the instructions from the guy I bought it from going out tomorrow evening to test them out then hopefully do the rest
any advise welcome ?

Double check and triple check every step of the process. If all is well then get a mate to pull the trigger!

"followed the instructions from the guy I bought it from"

Check what you have been told in a reloading manual or post the details on here as a cross check.

Chris - so that the 22.250 reloaders on here can see at a glance that nothing glaring is wrong with your copied recipe, can you advise what bullet, powder/weight you are using

PS Char beat me to it whilst typing!!

55 grain vmax bt
hodgson h380 38.4 grains
oa length 2.478
i also measured my existing rounds for length

All sounds good Chris, although testing a magnum primer in the future may be beneficial, however only ever change one variable at a time otherwise your load developement will lead to nothing but confusion

Ian.

Shooting some else's handloads........:scared:~Muir

I would agree this can be treading on very thin ice indeed as you have no idea what/when or if, they may be fine but and thats the crux you do not know for sure, the the best advice is get modern reloading by Richard lee and learn all about pressure it will build the foundation for you to reload accurate ammunition and above all do it safely.

Shot them today spot on two out of three touch in at 100 yards the other 10mm to the right
i don't see the problem with shooting someone's home loads unless they want to injure you ?

Back