The completely blind hunter

What's to discuss?
The fact his 'just behind the shoulder' shot was somewhat further back?
Perhaps that his carrying a concealed gun and admitting hed try so shoot a dog if it attacked him?
Maybe it's that he can't distinguish between closely related calibres?
Praps the legalities of him pulling the trigger not knowing what or whom the gun is pointing at?

I think the guy is an inspiration. Perhaps you would all prefer he sat around claiming his benefits like a good 'woe is me' Brit ????

Pretty sure I have had this guy as a client, or someone very like him, also had a telephone booking from Lee-Van-Cleef and Clint Eastwood , however my hearings not as good as it once was and I must have misheard , when they turned up it was actually Laurel and Hardy. :coat:

It's a difficult one isn't it. . . I appreciate the lad is entitled to enjoy his shooting like everyone else, but surely the overriding bias should fall on the side of safety.

It's a difficult one isn't it. . . I appreciate the lad is entitled to enjoy his shooting like everyone else, but surely the overriding bias should fall on the side of safety.

You are correct - difficult with no clear cut right/wrong.

From a personal safety issue, I have seen statistics here in the states that say they handicapped are disproportionate victims of crime. I can clearly see how a blind man would want to be able to be armed for self protection. I also seem to remember that most attacks do not occur in well populated areas or times, so if he did need to shoot in defense the likelihood of striking an innocent is probably quite low.

From a hunting standpoint I have very mixed reviews. I am familiar with North Dakota and wildfowl there often. Much of that state is sparsely populated to a point that would make the highlands of Scotland a veritable overpopulated suburb. On the other hand, game (even vermin) deserves a humane kill. The shot on the pheasant was quite acceptable, but the one shot we see on the deer does appear less optimal.

Theres two separate issues here. The hunting issue and the close protection issue. I was referring to the hunting issue and if I ever go blind I will strive to do the same.

As as for his shot placement!!!!!!!!! Compared to some of the stories from the boys involved with tracking on here- it was an awesome shot :D
Indeed it was far better than many bow hunting clips.

If a blind man is involved in a fight for his life with an intruder then he has every right to defend himself the same as every other US citizen.
Oscar Pistorius wasn't blind and it didn't stop him making a 'mistake' ;) lol

Give the guy a break. He might not have eyesight but he has face radar. All you lot are trying to make connections with farts and tornados.

But seriously. He is probably safer than some shooters with great eyesight. Difficult one though!

Would you give him the keys to a car ? .....no ....then why the **** would you let him loose unaccompanied with a firearm ?

Its NOT a difficult one...safety MUST come first. .....end of !

:cuckoo:

Would you give him the keys to a car ? .....no ....then why the **** would you let him loose unaccompanied with a firearm ?

Its NOT a difficult one...safety MUST come first. .....end of !

:cuckoo:

He was accompanied for his hunting????

I can't believe the blinkered prejudice in here! (Pun intended :D )

He was accompanied for his hunting????

I can't believe the blinkered prejudice in here! (Pun intended :D )

Didn't see him being accompanied when walking about with a concealed 9mm ?

I am the last person to be prejudiced against ANYONE with any kind of disability but at the end of the day common sense and the safety of others must come before the 'rights' of this fella to carry firearms in a public place

Didn't see him being accompanied when walking about with a concealed 9mm ?

I am the last person to be prejudiced against ANYONE with any kind of disability but at the end of the day common sense and the safety of others must come before the 'rights' of this fella to carry firearms in a public place

How patronising! He had done the qualifications. If pocketing a perfectly legally held and carried pistol gives the poor guy the confidence to get out there then good on him.
Personal protection with weapons is an alien concept to me as a Brit but i can see how a culture of fear and suspicion combined with possibly the worst disability and the aftermath of what must have been a terrifying dog attack could lead to thinking a gun is the answer.

I really don't see a problem with it. He's a blind guy- not the perpetrator of a high-school massacre.

Back