foxys in the garden

macfarlane

Getting woken up by the dogs most nights with foxys mooching around the garden,seems like im going to have to get my lamp out.

i have shot a fox knelt on a ladys bed and shooting out her bedroom window only safe angle to shoot from her hubby wasnt impressed finding empty shell i left for him loll

Foxes really don't expect to get a sleeping pill about gardens and houses and always strut about when they know the dogs are locked up - it's always very satisfying to drop one out of the window :lol:

I have had 18 foxes from my bedroom window so far this year, including two yesterday. Why bother going out?

Because being in the great outdoors in pursuit of something foxy was/is what drew us to hunting with a rifle?

I've nailed Charlie from a bedroom window too but beyond a certain sense of accomplishment in execution of the shot and staying awake it left me feeling strangely numb and certainly more inclined to question that which we should all let rattle around the grey matter at some point in our short lives. Namely whatever you consider applicable to the taking of another life.

Cheers!

K

I have found that dry fish flavoured cat biscuits are ideal and keep them intrested whilst you get a nice clean shot. Even better when you have a 250w floodlight illuminating the back lawn.

D

Because being in the great outdoors in pursuit of something foxy was/is what drew us to hunting with a rifle?

I've nailed Charlie from a bedroom window too but beyond a certain sense of accomplishment in execution of the shot and staying awake it left me feeling strangely numb and certainly more inclined to question that which we should all let rattle around the grey matter at some point in our short lives. Namely whatever you consider applicable to the taking of another life.

Cheers!

K

I agree with the sentiment behind your post, but the fact of the matter is that I am short of time to go out and am relied upon by the chicken-keeping landowner whose ground borders my garden to control 'his' foxes. If I can shoot them from the window, why not? It's vermin control, not sport.
The total is now 19 for the year so far!

I agree with the sentiment behind your post, but the fact of the matter is that I am short of time to go out and am relied upon by the chicken-keeping landowner whose ground borders my garden to control 'his' foxes. If I can shoot them from the window, why not? It's vermin control, not sport. The total is now 19 for the year so far!

Any degree of agreement with what I have to say on this site will be taken as a huge compliment!

A Merry Crimble to you and may all your bedroom-based marksmanship hit the spot!

Cheers

K

View attachment 22202

Cheers!

K

I am inclined to agree and more so in relation to some deer stalkers I am aware of that are beginning to treat Roe deer as vermin.
I am as happy seeing foxes live running around as I am shooting them, they are after all extremely intelligent and very pretty animals.
The ones I shoot however are not in their natural environment (and I do not agree that city foxes have adapted anymore than seagulls have, they are just attracted by our excess and waste) are on the whole regarded as a pest either crapping all over my deck and kids trampoline/footballs/ etc etc or digging holes in the golf courses.

location is irrelevant really

For some reason the FEO wouldn't clear me to shoot foxes in my garden with my .270 (something about not upsetting the patients in the hospital next door), so i got a pal with an open ticket to come round and shoot 'em with his 300 ultra mag :evil:

For some reason the FEO wouldn't clear me to shoot foxes in my garden with my .270 (something about not upsetting the patients in the hospital next door), so i got a pal with an open ticket to come round and shoot 'em with his 300 ultra mag :evil:

I guess that that is one way of minimising the number of runners :lol:

Back