Meopta binoculars !!

Trufflehunting

Stalking reds the other day it was good to compare Meopta binoculars with an Expensive European brand both of which were current models
From around a mile away it was possible with both binoculars to view 8 reds on a particular face.
Both were equal optics wise, ergonomically the Meopta were smaller and lighter
Price wise there was a huge !! difference
If you were contemplating buying binoculars, I recommend you look at a pair of Meopta.

minox as well are very much the same as good as the big three are, and lets face it there not the top three for nothing i think that now some of the lesser brands are really closing the gap

Can't comment specifically on binos, but I've got Zeiss and Meopta scopes and despite the price difference, there's really nothing to choose between them. Except the price.

During the day it will make little to no difference. It's at first/last light that quality counts. That said, I know people who have both the Minox and one of the big 3 and they're very complementary of the Minox. The gap is certainly closing!

During the day it will make little to no difference. It's at first/last light that quality counts.

+1. Had a Meopta scope and it was great during they day. Not as good as the Zeiss that I traded it in against at dawn/dusk or poor light though. Would have agreed that Minox bins are up there in terms of performance too but I've had to use them for the passed 3 weeks whilst my swaro's were away. Again day time they're fine, dawn/dusk or poor light.......no.

The Meopta's and Minox of this world are getting better but let's not forget that Swarovski, Zeiss etc are also moving forward. If we put the affordability aspect to one side I guess the question is whether spending thousands of pounds is going to enable you to drop more deer than spending a few hundred. For me, based on how, when and where I shoot the answer is yes they will.

+1. Had a Meopta scope and it was great during they day. Not as good as the Zeiss that I traded it in against at dawn/dusk or poor light though. Would have agreed that Minox bins are up there in terms of performance too but I've had to use them for the passed 3 weeks whilst my swaro's were away. Again day time they're fine, dawn/dusk or poor light.......no.

The Meopta's and Minox of this world are getting better but let's not forget that Swarovski, Zeiss etc are also moving forward. If we put the affordability aspect to one side I guess the question is whether spending thousands of pounds is going to enable you to drop more deer than spending a few hundred. For me, based on how, when and where I shoot the answer is yes they will.

Dave, How have the Leica's performed against the Swaro's that came back from repair/service?, Steve.

Quick question but which model of Meopta Binocular's where used? Reallly fancy some 8 X 42 Meopro's. I already have a Meostar 2.5 -15 X 56 scope on my Sako so would like to compliment the scope with binoculars.

Dave, How have the Leica's performed against the Swaro's that came back from repair/service?, Steve.

Hi Steve

Hope you are well. I am really impressed with the Leica's. If I was being really picky I would say the swarovski's may just edge it at dusk. However I've dropped 11 beast since I got the Leica's so I am a happy camper !

Take care

D

Back