Re-loaders a danger to themselves?

trev

How long until re-loading is banned?
If you blow yourself up, thats your own fault. What happens to the poor person next to you?
IMG00207-20121210-2126.jpgIMG00208-20121210-2127.jpg

Last edited:
are you trying for a debate or just an argument

enough stuff gets banned already,there are tens of thousands of round reloaded every year,unfortunately there is bound to be some accidents but is this reason enough in life in general to ban something.i dont stop walking on the pavement or driving just in case !!

question, does anyone know of anyone getting injured due to poor reloading, emphasis on know! not i heard or i read but KNOW for sure

Driving is a very good point, should you not have to pass a test before you are allowed to reload ?

like always in life people make rules and laws but no matter how many are made it never stops the ones that do stupid things ,its only the ones doing things correctly that these laws stop, atb wayne

i could have given many analogies,i'm sorry but i just cant bring myself to think we must legislate on this one,to be honest i'm not much for the endless amount of laws/rules we have that constrict the ability to go about ones life in this country,

Definitely a Sharps type falling block as 8X57 has already noted.

What was it someone using a reloading manual for 45-70 without realising that thos loads were for modern Ruger No1 and the like?

This rifle was a 45-70 blackpowder, people were injured.
The most resent one i had to deal with was a .243, re-loaded using pistol powder, and yes people were injured again. The fourth Rifle this person has blown-up.
Each time the Police have to be called, SOCO has to do an investigation.
And most anoying to me it goes down on the Police report as an Shooting Incident involving licence holders.

Reloading is perfectly safe as long as you read the manuals and stick to recognised load data. Old guns like original sharps should be treated with respect and consideration to the time in which they were made. Like enfield says using loads designed for modern guns is asking for trouble and you have to be an absolute idiot not to realise that the data is quite different. The loading manuals print enough warnings.

This rifle was a 45-70 blackpowder, people were injured.
The most resent one i had to deal with was a .243, re-loaded using pistol powder, and yes people were injured again. The fourth Rifle this person has blown-up.
Each time the Police have to be called, SOCO has to do an investigation.
And most anoying to me it goes down on the Police report as an Shooting Incident involving licence holders.

Fourth that this guy has blown up! Strewth the guys a clown and a danger to other shooters. Ban him from the club on safety grounds.

I've read of troubles with 17HMR's (NOT reloadable) - so maybe ban factory ammo as well. Oh: and some nuggets try to dislodge the resulting stuck bullet with another - so might as well ban guns. Just to be on the safe side.
(OP - what a stupid assertation).

Fourth that this guy has blown up! Strewth the guys a clown and a danger to other shooters. Ban him from the club on safety grounds.

agree with 8x57 ban him from the club if thats the 4th time its the only thing that will stop him

This is the point i was trying to make, should not all home loaders be banned on safety grounds?
Unless they have passed a course to prove that they are safe, Just like your driving test.
I have been speaking to to N.R.A. about this, and they are thinking of introducing a course to cover this for home loaders.

Last edited:
Back