hungarian visla top working pedigree??

kernow69

looking for a pup at some stage but dont know the top working name breeds to look out for. any ideals would help:cool:

I would suggest that you also look at the Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla , I have had and worked both and found the wires to be more robust and willing to please .
If its the smooth coat that you like then you can still have a wire as there is usually a variety of coat types in a litter .

I would suggest that you also look at the Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla , I have had and worked both and found the wires to be more robust and willing to please .
If its the smooth coat that you like then you can still have a wire as there is usually a variety of coat types in a litter .
+1

+ 3 for the wire, check them out online fantastic dogs. Musket Vizsla has 1 dog pup left according to his website.

Good luck

Bryan

+4 for the Wire I have 2, one really well bred, one which has a smooth coat ,having had Spaniels most of my life I bought an HWV 8 years ago best thing I ever done and the blood pressure has dropped.Wf1

Not heard of HUU being an issue in hwv's , had to look that one up
the hip scores of the parents are both slightly above the breed mean score and 5 year average of 13 although both are evenly split , not as bad as being something like 11/4 for example
but if I was to use one of the parents of that litter I would want the other one to have a much lower score / I appreciate that this is no guarantee of a low score but
it is better than 2 with above average scores.
Reading the ad the seem to be from a show background and have not been docked etc , it does make a great difference if the pups have a good natural working instinct .

Ye they are bread to be show dogs going on the way they reference crufts etc

It was just an add to post and see what the terms meant

I purchased a Viszla pup 4 years ago ( Smooth x Wire) he has a wire coat. Both parents are show bred and I thought what the hell I will give one a chance. It was the best descision I have ever made . Works like a trojan all day whether its in the beating line or out with me stalking, he seems almost human at times and just goes to show its their instinct to work.
Brian

Pedigree KC Registered Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla Puppies in Alderley Edge, Cheshire born 19/09/14

When looking this add for HWV it says about hip score and HUU, what does that mean?

The scores where 7/8 (15) and 7/7 (14) is that a good score?

I would regard this pedigree as a superb working pedigree. The Gonegos dogs by Roy Bebbington have an outstanding reputation. Roy is often featured in Shooting Times. He is the man with the distinctive moustache.

roybebbington.jpg

True, the current breeder may be more show orientated, and the pups have not been docked which is a shame if any of the litter make it into the field. The breeder probably has not the credentials to be able to have the pups docked.

I have seen Moricroft dogs work.

The pedigree is heavily Hungarian, which can only be a good thing.

I know of the Morganna kennel and Rachel will have taken especial care to ensure breed health is good and she has a background in working HPR's.

Last edited:
Where abouts in the country are Musket Vizsla based ?
Preston. My WHV Kite is out of Muskets stud dog Zac . Zoldmali bring dogs over to show at crufts look at their web site
great dogs

Just looked at the pedigree of the pups in cheshire. Ostor of lannok is a great looking dog Rachel is very fussy over the bitches that her stud dogs cover she has 3 bork ostor and samu. She is a mind of information when it comes to vizlas whv as well as smooth . Gail at Fassfields nr Burnley also have good dogs that are worked and of course Gongos their was a long waiting list for one from this kennel.

Last edited:
I travelled to Yorkshire 6 yrs ago to see Roy Bennington & find out more about the breed .... Brilliant guy , very helpful & was taken out to see them work with a goshawk .... Fantastic day .
I would have had one in a heartbeat but circumstances quickly changed & been unable to own a working dog responsibly for last 6yrs ( work away & special need kids)

That hopefully be remedied in next year & I could be looking again.

I wanted something that could be a jack if all & master of nothing .... Out stalking with me, to a beating line or a flight at geese or the doo's
& then come & sit with the kids in the living room .

Roy's dogs were fantastic

Paul

Another endorsement for HWV's
got my boy from Nigel Spreadbury at Dorking.
Docked and dew claws removed.

Back