Long range shooting (worth a watch)

Doc H

So who needs stuff like .338 lap's, wind meters, front rests mad from space age materials, wind flags, ergonomic fibreglass stocks, a s&b Pm11 costing £1k. and all the rest of the kit todays LRT and F class lads invest all their cash in.:-|

All you need is an old black powder rifle, a couple of crossed bamboo sticks and an ability to shoot like this lad.:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&v=YRaRCCZjdTM&gl=US

What you can't tell from that clip is that the black target circle is actually 24 feet across and it's a 60-foot buffalo!!:D:D

(I'm only jealous...wish I could shoot like that :oops:. Is it the droopy moustache that confers that kind of ability?? :confused::confused:)

I went to a range day where at least half of the guys loosing off at the 600yd target were using .45-.50 iron sighted antiques off the mantlepiece!
I had a shot with two of them and could barely see the target through the sights not to mention that you were having to aim so far above the 3x3 board that the sights were effectively on the horizon!

some of the same guys shoot the same rifles at 1000yds...major respect

I went to a range day where at least half of the guys loosing off at the 600yd target were using .45-.50 iron sighted antiques off the mantlepiece!
I had a shot with two of them and could barely see the target through the sights not to mention that you were having to aim so far above the 3x3 board that the sights were effectively on the horizon!

some of the same guys shoot the same rifles at 1000yds...major respect

But could they stalk a 12 point stag on bare highland grounds to within 100 yds when theres 25 hinds with 2 eyes each all keeping watch!

He would'nt need to. Whilst you are dragging yourself through the manky mud and freezing wet heather he would have just lay up and shot it from 600 yards and be on his way to getting it out.:lol:

So who needs stuff like .338 lap's, wind meters, front rests mad from space age materials, wind flags, ergonomic fibreglass stocks, a s&b Pm11 costing £1k. and all the rest of the kit todays LRT and F class lads invest all their cash in.:-|

All you need is an old black powder rifle, a couple of crossed bamboo sticks and an ability to shoot like this lad.:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&v=YRaRCCZjdTM&gl=US
if you can get me a pm2 for 1 k i will take it.lolthe last price i had on the 5-25x56 rrp £2950

Back