best brass

I have shot most of my stuff over many years with Norma, Remington/Peters or Winchester/Western.
I had some new Lapua brass once and had to batch it because of differing weights.

HWH.

I have shot most of my stuff over many years with Norma, Remington/Peters or Winchester/Western.
I had some new Lapua brass once and had to batch it because of differing weights.

HWH.
Was that a while ago HWH,surprising as lapua brass I find as the most consistent and longest lasting,been reloading 10 years now as opposed to your lifetime of experience though,perhaps a bad batch?

I find Lapua pretty good but have heard less than complimentary reviews of late. Last batch I bought was Remmy Hornet brass to make 17AH cases. Seemed OK, less than half the price of the RWS product. For a pest cont rifle they work fine.

Unless we are target shooting I cant see the point of getting to pernickety about brass. I do a bit of target work and use Lapua in my 20BR for it. I originally batched them but after a few cycles I bung them all in together.

a

A

Last edited:
Was that a while ago HWH,surprising as lapua brass I find as the most consistent and longest lasting,been reloading 10 years now as opposed to your lifetime of experience though,perhaps a bad batch?

Possibly a bad batch.
I shot the group below in August with that batched brass prior to our Border Stalkers Autumn bash when I had joint highest score of 119 ex 120 points.
Personally I have found Norma brass to be best/longest lasting as I believe it has a higher copper content making it more ductile.
HWH.

P1070007.jpg

I agree with Alycidon, for field work do we really need expensive luxury brass?
Quality brass is not available for my 257 Roberts so i use common R&P, after prep accuracy is excellent and i dont think that expensive brass would make it any more accurate or consistant

Ian.

Back