What is the best lamp?

joed

I want to get a decent scope mounted lamp for foxing. I am spotting with a NV monocular, with the intention of using the lamp when I have the fox in range, this is for use with a .17 hmr and eventually a .243. I have seen a NM800 in use and am impressed with the quality. Is there another option out there for a similar price which gives a realistic clear focusable beam at ranges of 100 - 200 yards suitable for a clean shot.

lightforce predx9,just started using one and on a dry clear night it will light up a fox at 250 yards,and the mounting system is alot better.
atb paul

Using a lightforce 240 blitz to spot from the vehicle, then deben tri star pro scope mounted on .243
Very good combination out to 250-300 yds

The nightmaster will take some beating for size etc...
+1 for night master. Also carry a clulite for panning around once Charlie found on with night master. Bright out beyond 300yds. Usually one dead fox a few seconds later. Great bit of kit.

Nightmaster is a great bit of kit, very versatile. The figure of eight mount is the only let down. I use the light force from the vehicle and if i have to stalk into the fox the nightmaster is my choice.

Al

I have already investigated the possibility of a t20, I have an ir version for my monocular. I have compared it directly with the quality of the IR given off from the NM 800IR and it is not as good. For my spotting needs I can accept the difference in quality and I put this down to the massive saving. I am happy to spend money on the right torch as this is what will give my Illumination for the kill, as such I want to have the best I can. I have looked into the x searcher, would like to see the beam for real though to properly understand it's qualities, also seems to be not many retailers selling this model.

i have recently purchased a nm800 the x searher, its great bit of kit im seeing rabbits 200 yards+,
i ive only tried ot on my rimfire, looking forward to trying it on the 243 for foxs
The beam isnt as wide compare to the likes of lightgorce, and i think im going to try the yellow led to. The battery lie is great and of course theres not much weight. yes the scope clmap isnt the best but it works
atb
simon

Dereelight Xsearcher (nightmaster's big brother), and a CRELANT 7G5CS with a aspherical lense. Both can be mounted in two LED Lenser tourch mounts (£15).
Both are excellent torches. Just don't pay UK prices for them.

Last edited:
I've seen the US prices, approx. half what we pay! anyone know of a US retailer who ships to the uk?

I have a clulite master light supreme, very good scope mount and it is good for 200yds or so. Takes standard batteries (18250?) that are easy to get spares, so with a couple of batteries in your pocket it will last the longest lamping session. Can be used as a torch too, comes with tac and normal tail caps. Filters work very well on it too, just flip over and off you go.

Back