Quality 22rf scope

Bigboab29

Hi Guys,

Is there any top quality scopes out there to suit a 22lr with subs. I have looked at various euro 6x42 and 8x50,s but due to them being suited for cf rifles there all parallaxed at 100 and at 30 yards the veiw is getting fuzzy. I got a nice burris fullfield 2 4.5-14x42 and its a cracking scope but the obj pa only goes down to 50 yards so for close up work (sub 30 yards) anything above 6 mag starts to go blurry and fuzzy. Dont really want to go down the re-parallaxing road. there for i'm looking for some nice good quality scope with good glass that will parallax down to 10 yards on a decent mag. Any ideas?

Cheers bob

any air rifle scope will do the job

but to be honest a decent 6x42 will be in focus as much at 20 yds as it will at 100yds

I have a 6x42 Nikko on a centrefire and the last two shots I put through it were at 27yds and 45yds!! don't remember them being blurry!

I used a £25 Nikko Sterling 6x40 on both my 22lr and 22WMR and it was cracking from about 20 yards out to 100ish.

Is there any top quality scopes out there to suit a 22lr with subs.

Most certainly is if you've got the dosh:

View attachment 23316

"In close cooperation with German and British field target shooters Schmidt & Bender developed the 12,5-50x56 Field Target model, the first scope in the world designed especially for this sport and manufactured in serial production. The backlash-free parallax compensation exhaustively tested in our tactical scopes permits an outstanding measuring accuracy between 7 and 70 meters. An optically attractive surface finish in titanium design minimizes the unwelcome heating of the scope through the influence of sunlight. Various field target reticles for the first and second focal plane are available.
Bullet drop compensation, a sunshade in titanium design and a side wheel are also optionally available."

It was something European I was after, maybe a 6x42 would do the trick then, I just thought with the 100 parallax it would b blurry. My s&b 8x56 was blurry when you came closer than about 40 yards. Had a look at te hawkes nikkos Simmons etc and I like there format - focus down to 10 with variable mag, but I was just being a snob and after something with really good glass. Would ideally like a swaro but none of them will focus in close on a high mag

Klenchblaize - now that is what I'm talking about, seen a few of these when I used to shoot ft air rifles. Unfortunately that is just slightly out my price range lol

I use a swarovski habicht 6x42 on my wee CZ .22lr and its a great combo Boab, never had any probs close range and great under the lamp too.

That would b ideal rigboot, is it ok for bunnies at 10-20 yards as well as further out? I have been liking for a 6x42 swaro but they don't make them any more and a mint one seems to b like hens teeth.

I have a Leupold VXR 2-7x33 for sale if you want it, it is clear as close as 4 yards and has really nice optics, and its illuminated.

£320....

That would b ideal rigboot, is it ok for bunnies at 10-20 yards as well as further out? I have been liking for a 6x42 swaro but they don't make them any more and a mint one seems to b like hens teeth.

Bigboab, I can't remember how close I have used it to be honest, however, i will double check with a rangefinder over the weekend with a target in the garden & give u a reasonably accurate reply.

I kept an eye on eBay and a few localish dealers, they do crop up now n again usually between 250 - 300 squid.

I tried waiting for a 4 x 36 but they were particularly rare but more than happy with the 6 x 42, also handy as a back up incase any of my 8x50's on my cf rifles ever develop a problem

I like hawke and burris scopes on my rimfires - hawke panorama EV, and Burris fullfield 2 scopes are worth a look

The 3-9 x36 Zeiss which is in the classifieds on this site would do you nicely.
i have one on my own .22.

Have a look for an older, Japanese Manufactured Nikko Sterling Diamond.Belting scopes for the money. I had a 6x44 on my 10-22 and it was Perfect. The scope that is, the 10-22 is crap.

I have two of the Leupold "Rimfire Special" 2-7X scopes on a pair of Brno's. They are not only clear, but they look right. No turrets or BDC but that's what practice is for.

There is a sporting gear store here in the US called Scheels that sells a remarkable 4-12X 40 "Rimfire" scope with ocular focus, side parallax and covered 1/8 min turrets. The objectives are ground glass and it has a fine laser-etched reticle. The field of view is crystal clear with no distortion to the margins. I paid less for that scope new than i paid for the Leupold's, 2nd hand. The scope is contracted by the store and had their label on it. It isn't Chinese and one of the clerks said that it was from Europe. I am unable to track down where it is made and who makes it but if I do, i will post it. It is one of the best scopes I own, quality wise, and cost under $200 US. I bought two. One on my 5mm Remington Magnum and the other in reserve waiting for a suitable gun. My friend has had his on a CZ Hornet for a season now and loves it. I'm posting a pic of my 5mm. Maybe one of you guys will recognize it?~Muir
5mmwithreplacementsheelsscope.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Is there any top quality scopes out there to suit a 22lr with subs.

Yes, the Leupold 4x28 RF special. It is parallax adjusted for 75 yards. Good quality scope at a reasonable price. It has a fine duplex reticle and a 1" tube.

-JMS

I currently have a hawke night eye on my .22lr which I use as both a pest control rifle and a target rifle for LSR and I would NOT recommend it.
At higher mag on the range as the target backing is uniform colour it is really easy to see the distortion and the focus loses clarity over x6 at 10-15m.
Not be so much of an issue for 'work' as normal engagement range is around the 40-50m mark and at x9 i never noticed the same issue.

It won't be staying on top for much longer and will be swapped out for a Bushnell elite 3200 I have currently unmated which I couldn't speak more highly of (especially for the money).

Back