Animal rights email received from my MP

chill123

Hi all , received this mail of my local MP . Where do they get such bollxxks.

390b40f1-74b3-4f63-8a28-0e83e4e48c1d.jpg
Pheasants in Cages
The caging of pheasants was the animal welfare issue I had the most emails about. A large number of you are rightly concerned about the living conditions of these beautiful birds. Many pheasants are confined to a metal cage for their whole life, often for the sole purpose of being shot.

In light of your emails, I put a question to the government on improving the welfare of pheasants in the UK and reducing the number reared in cages. Unfortunately, it appears that while they intend to make some changes later this year, the government are not planing to reduce the number of pheasants reared in cages.

Id let them know they are both misinformed and deluded and that they just lost your vote

Actually I would let them know they are misinformed and if they would like to see how it is done then you would be happy to arrange something. It is all about educating them. Not all of them know everything and if the anti have a writing campaigns to the MPs then they need to be shown how it actually is.

Actually I would let them know they are misinformed and if they would like to see how it is done then you would be happy to arrange something. It is all about educating them. Not all of them know everything and if the anti have a writing campaigns to the MPs then they need to be shown how it actually is.
Yeah that's probably a better way

clearly an anti-lobby in this Birmingham constituency.
looks like the MP has been bombarded with emails from antis.
it is a Marginal labour seat.
beware these activist minorities, can cause a lot of mis-informed mischief.

Hi all , received this mail of my local MP . Where do they get such bollxxks.

390b40f1-74b3-4f63-8a28-0e83e4e48c1d.jpg
Pheasants in Cages
The caging of pheasants was the animal welfare issue I had the most emails about. A large number of you are rightly concerned about the living conditions of these beautiful birds. Many pheasants are confined to a metal cage for their whole life, often for the sole purpose of being shot.

In light of your emails, I put a question to the government on improving the welfare of pheasants in the UK and reducing the number reared in cages. Unfortunately, it appears that while they intend to make some changes later this year, the government are not planing to reduce the number of pheasants reared in cages.

Forward this on to your shooting association/organisation of choice,they will deal with it.....

Forward this on to your shooting association/organisation of choice,they will deal with it.....
Hi Marin I did as you suggested and sent the mail to BASC . They are going to set up a meeting with him to discuss the content of his mail.
Thanks for your advice
Chill

This is where our organisations do well. It would probably still be a good idea to email your MP and say you feel he has been misinformed and you have asked your conservation body to discuss it with him. Double whammy!

David.

But it is not complete b*****ks, just a massive exageration of the truth.

Depending on the system but many pheasants are kept in pretty small cages for laying, even as a game shot don't really agree with it.
More a french thing (or very big game farms) but majority of eggs/chicks now come from france anyway

Best way I can think of to respond!

One of my ex's was really anti-gun and anti-shooting until I said to her "Rather than telling me I'm some mass murderer shooting up the countryside, why don't you come and see what its about?"

She was considerably less anti after that!

Back