Wanted: Rabbit/fox shooting, wilts, hants area

The tramp

No intro as per rules, just straight in with the want list. Removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish you luck friend, there's a queue from the 'Little Drummer Boy' to Countess roundabout.
If you live on Salisbury Plain it must be pretty dodgy as that's where all the artillery shells land, I know because used to work on it and now live on the edge of it :D

Last edited:
I wish you luck friend, there's a queue from the 'Little Drummer Boy' to Countess roundabout.
If you live on Salisbury Plain it must be pretty dodgy as that's where all the artillery shells land, I know because used to work on it and now live on the edge of it :D

I work there now, I'm a warden at Bulford ranges. And as I seem to spend more time there than at home, yeah, I guess I do live on the plain lol.

As for 'introducing myself' mr moderator, is there really a need for me to publish to the world who I am and what I do ? I shoot, I live within the outline of Salisbury plain, and now you know, I work on Bulford ranges. If people on here want to know more about me, just send a pm. The Internet is a world wide thing, why should 'Mr zumbagni from Nigeria' have need to know ?
If you feel this is 'not appropriate' then just say, and I shall delete my account.

No intro as per rules, just straight in with the want list. Removed.

Opportunities Rules
• Non paid stalking or services or non-profit syndicates can be advertised for free. Click to advertise business/trade stalking or other services.
• No adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
• For other payment methods or to discuss custom requirements please contact JAYB

????????????????

Yes, before you made your first post (which was telling one of our Trade Members you didn't like his attitude, if you recall. In that same post you also claimed to have read the site for years and so should be well aware of the rule) there was a huge yellow box at the top of the page asking you to please make an intro. There are also numerous stickies all over the site asking the same.

What's all this Introduction Business?

Yes, before you made your first post (which was telling one of our Trade Members you didn't like his attitude, if you recall. In that same post you also claimed to have read the site for years and so should be well aware of the rule) there was a huge yellow box at the top of the page asking you to please make an intro. There are also numerous stickies all over the site asking the same.

What's all this Introduction Business?
As 99.9% of my browsing is on the phone, funnily enough, there is no huge yellow box saying to introduce first, as for my first post, yes, it's true, the attitude of said member was pretty disgusting, as YOUR rules, no heckling of posts, and he was clearly and unfairly having a bitch about the quality of the items, sat on his 18hh shire. And as somebody who has been reading 'posts' for years, why would I read 'rules when posting' if I wasn't posting.
After now reading the rules, I also see that I should have had a pm reminding me to introduce, or be removed, so, nice to see we 'all' stick to the rules eh ? Maybe instead of removing my post, replying to it to remind me to introduce, or even the 'promised pm' before, to give me a chance to do so before losing the post, and having this thread get hijacked into a 'do this or else' 'but we won't stick to our own rules' thread for all to see, assuming it doesn't get removed that is.
I look forward to your response with eager anticipation
The Tramp

Basically this is a textbook demonstration of why we ask for intros. There are those who take the time to read the rules and go on to contribute to the site, there are those who genuinely miss the requirement but take the request for an intro in good grace and then there is the tiny minority (you) who have to make an issue of it.

Life is too short to fall out with people on the Internet. I see you have made an intro now so thanks for that. Enjoy the site and be glad you got the most 'moderate' of the three moderators. :lol:

Alex

the request for an intro in good grace

Alex

This is my point exactly. I never received any pm as you advertise on your rulings asking me to introduce, or else I would have done so, it's made clear that to post in the for sale section you need to have 30 days, 30 posts, no problem, it's clear to see.
I found out about this 'no intro' ruling by having my post edited, with no prior warning, again, I would have done my intro right away, as I did once it was made clear.
As for 'not' contributing, my 'planned' next post, was going to be offering shooting, but I think I'll hold that thought for now.
Anyway, onwards and upwards.
The Tramp

Back