stolen high seat airdrie

Scots_stalker

i was out a mooch this morning , gets to where my high seat should be only to find the chain securing it dangling halfway up the tree, :eek:
why cant *******s just leave things alone

We had one stolen not far from yours. Again it was taken for use, not scrap. The heavy wooden floor and the plastic garden seat would not have been carried the mile to get it to the transport by scrap thieves.

I,d love too put one on my ground but know full well it would be gone within weeks. maybe get a portable one instead?
stav

Must be another stalker,have you taking anyone and showed them high seat,and did you not have trouble with poachers lately.my guess its them mate ,watching everything you do.barstewards is the word.dont let them get you down

It would be a good idea to grind some markings into the frame for identification as I do with all my tools, get one of the trail cameras and set it up over the seat area ?
barstewards ndeed.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but have you cast around and checked any nearby gullies or thickets?

I say this only because I had a seat disappear last year (cable cut through) and had given it up for lost until one day a few weeks later I took a different line on a stalk due to the wind coming from an unaccustomed quarter and found the seat more or less intact at the bottom of an overgrown gully less than 200 yards from where it was taken from.

I still don't know who took it, but they weren't scrap thieves or shooters, so my best guess is vandalism by antis.

Needless to say, no deer were shot, but I still went home happy. I hope you have similar luck with yours.

Nothing is safe anymore. Got a friend up north who has had 6 taken of his own farm.

​Craig

Back