staffordshire stocks

Bramble

Does anyone know if Staffordshire stocks are still trading, I tried phoning, but the number on there website does,nt connect.If they have gone, does anyone else make custom stocks in this country, cheers

no Danny is still very much trading and has launched a new range of stocks and a different manufacturing process as well as now doing moulded in gel coats here is his number 07734905663

I looked at these a while ago and found some concerning posts so went no further. I have subsequently placed an order with PSE composites in Ireland who have an excellent reputation as far as I cal tell. Otherwise I have only ever used McMillan

I looked at these a while ago and found some concerning posts so went no further. I have subsequently placed an order with PSE composites in Ireland who have an excellent reputation as far as I cal tell. Otherwise I have only ever used McMillan

what was the concern in the posts

Overall quality, flexibility, poor fit and finish and poor suitability for CF rifles. I cannot comment on this out of personal experience and clearly things may have changed with time. Saying that it is important to know what you are getting and what you are not

ye not my experience mate all mine have dannys furniture on them i think people used cheap out and buy his polymer ones which obviously will flex then compare it to a fibre glass model hence the reason he no longer makes polymer stocks. They are now constructed of either fibreglass, carbon or kevlar or a mixture of these materials. i switched from a macmillan to sss a few years ago and must admit his stuff has got better and better as they have learned and progressed. if you come and have a go of this sako 85 you can get hands on his latest stocks there very good

I wish the guy all the best, it certainly sounds like his product has improved compared to the posts I read on UKV. As with everything its best to look at what you are intending to buy before shelling out the pennies.

Danny's stocks have never been better. I have a couple, one made a few years back and one from last year, and though the first is good, the second knocks it into a cocked hat for weight, shape and feel.

This is the "new" stock - though obviously it's not the clearest thing in a not-very-clear picture!

IMAG0575.jpg

SSS also make a remarkably wide range of fittings, butt-pads and polymer grips, which they mostly supply to the trade.

I've had numerous stocks from Danny, I have a fibreglass adjustable sporter which does have some flex but no more than my macmillan HTG but Danny made the barrel channel generous and it is no problem, and recently I had one of his carbon fibre stocks which is lightweight, well finished and has zero flex. The beauty of Dannys stocks is that he can fit any style of stock to any rifle, his new stocks are up there with the best of them (his website is still sh*'e).

Went over last week to see danny. The stocks he makes now are Very different to the polymer stocks from before.
Up there with the top manufacturers.
The web site needs revamp as it only shows the old stuff.

Are these stocks the ones, that it is claimed, don't need pillars, or is that the ones from pse ?

Last edited:
Back