Aircraft parts dug up

Tim.243

There is a night hawk ( metal detector ) chap who gets over one of the farms I shoot. I have found his dig holes on a number of times but never bumped into him.

Today as I nipped through the hedge a small pile of twisted metal with various other bits caught my eye!

Some time back I did find 2 other bits which are very light and super strong as my welders hands cant open them up.

One part is a fuel/hydraulic line as it has the drill holes for the safety wire on both fittings.

Wa AC or (G) 24 with a 3 lined symbol above it is what I read off the larger fitting also 144 clearly stamped do may be jan 1944??

There is a local museum who I will call but just though the SD people might be in with a chance...
007_zps1qef2rbq.jpg
008_zpsjlulsm7x.jpg

Tim.243

The numbers may possibly not be a date but refer to a code for the factory that the part was made at. This was common practise in the German armaments industry during the war.

its a german ww2 makers mark they normaly marked everthing they made during the war if I remember right the code should tell u who made it and which factory a good aircraft historian should be able to tell u the type of aircraft it came from

It's a German waffenampt stamp. A bit of Googling will tell you the maker.

The numbers may possibly not be a date but refer to a code for the factory that the part was made at. This was common practise in the German armaments industry during the war.

its a german ww2 makers mark they normaly marked everthing they made during the war if I remember right the code should tell u who made it and which factory a good aircraft historian should be able to tell u the type of aircraft it came from

Thank you very much, a cast piece as well with scribed marks on it as well.

Tim.243

been thro my list of Waffenamt (german manufacturing) codes cant find an exact match but there are thousands of them and a lot of the records were destroyed during the war u could try an internet search u may get lucky if u can find more parts it would give u a better chance of I.ding the type of aircraft it came from

been thro my list of Waffenamt (german manufacturing) codes cant find an exact match but there are thousands of them and a lot of the records were destroyed during the war u could try an internet search u may get lucky if u can find more parts it would give u a better chance of I.ding the type of aircraft it came from

I think we were on the same site lol, would you say the markings are Wa AC 24 or A0 24...
quite interesting as it goes...
I will take it to the local museum and see what they get all hot and bothered about ....

Tim.243

I thought it was probably ag its still a common code for german manufacturers the WaA bit is short hand for waffenamt and would have been stamped on by an official inspector at the factory

I thought it was probably ag its still a common code for german manufacturers the WaA bit is short hand for waffenamt and would have been stamped on by an official inspector at the factory

Ta very much, spent some time in the inspection department when I did my apprenticeship and had to stamp lots of stuff.

I remember one of the toolmakers used to say in his strong London accent when he was in the room when I was trying to sum up the courage to hit the stamp...
Darnt tickle it, hit it....lol

Tim.243

Back