Switch barrel rifle conditions

Rols

I've just got my ticket back with a variation to purchase a 6.5x55 rifle and a 9.3x62 barrel, which is exactly what I requested.

However on the conditions the first part reads "the 6.5x55 rifle shall be used for....." then as expected there is a separate condition for the 9.3x62, which reads "The 9.3x62 barrel shall be used for....." surely that condition should read "The 9.3x62 rifle shall be used for......" as once fitted to the chassis it becomes a rifle, not a barrel!!!

Just interested to see how other people's conditions are worded in this respect?

Thanks

Rich

they have more then likely worded it like that. because even when that barrel isn't on your action. it is still classed as a firearm because its chambered

correct.
I have a four barrelled rifle and have three seperate conditions covering the barrels.
even just as a barrel they still need to be listed and conditioned

Rich,

And you could purchase additional stock and bolt to actually make two rifles, should you chose to.

Stan

you would need a variation for that as currently you have 1 rifle and 1 spare barrel
you would also need an entirely separate action which I suspect once you had purchased all the parts would have cost you more than the separate rifle

My rifles and spare barrels are all listed in one condition which reads "the .308, .243, 25-06, 6.5mmx47lapua rifles, moderators and ammunition shall be used for shooting deer and any other lawful quarry(including ferrets) and zeroing on ranges and land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot"

My rifles and spare barrels are all listed in one condition which reads "the .308, .243, 25-06, 6.5mmx47lapua rifles, moderators and ammunition shall be used for shooting deer and any other lawful quarry(including ferrets) and zeroing on ranges and land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot"

That's how I expected mine to be, albeit without the 'ferret' authority:eek:

regarding buying extra stocks/bolts f0r blasers (i have a little experience)..

thames valley monitor closely, want variations for extra components etc, wheras, in my experience, wiltshire just treat barrels as rifles (although they list them as spare barrels) and allow you to obtain extra stocks and bolts with no authority on your ticket, and just let you send your ticket in and they change the spare barrel to a rifle, free of charge, no fuss. much more sensible i think.

i think if you have big pig calibre for overseas it will probably be listed with separate conditions, albeit as a rifle.

regarding buying extra stocks/bolts f0r blasers (i have a little experience)..

thames valley monitor closely, want variations for extra components etc, wheras, in my experience, wiltshire just treat barrels as rifles (although they list them as spare barrels) and allow you to obtain extra stocks and bolts with no authority on your ticket, and just let you send your ticket in and they change the spare barrel to a rifle, free of charge, no fuss. much more sensible i think.

i think if you have big pig calibre for overseas it will probably be listed with separate conditions, albeit as a rifle.

The 9.3 is on there for stalking & fox whilst stalking, but it will mainly be the pig gun for overseas as you said. The authority is correct, but I think it should be detailed as a rifle in the condition. Seems daft to me as once assembled it becomes rifle. I'll speak to them see if they will change it

Rich

The original slot is for a rifle. When you acquire a rifle your FAC is then recalled for reprinting and then reflects the accurate description of your new rifle. If it happens to be a barrel then that 's what is described.

Now your Mauser, Blaser, Sauer etc. Don't have any markings on the stock or bolt. Lincs, West Yorks and D&G and RFD in those areas have had no problems supplying to four of us when we wanted additional stocks and bolts in order to have two complete rifles out of four calibres.

Stan

The 9.3 is on there for stalking & fox whilst stalking, but it will mainly be the pig gun for overseas as you said. The authority is correct, but I think it should be detailed as a rifle in the condition. Seems daft to me as once assembled it becomes rifle. I'll speak to them see if they will change it

Rich

i got away with that one. they said for my 270 it will be deer and fox well out stalking. yet when it come back it says deer and fox control. so i could take it lamping for foxes if i wanted to :lol:

Back