Pics from my feeder

Nice feeder. I wish we could use these over here. In Germany they are not allowed and in the Netherlands they will get vandalised.

Like most thing i have built it a bit over engineered. The spreader can be programed to throw out maize up to 6 times a day. It throws out a kilo in 2 seconds. Its fitted with a little solar panel and its been running since October without me recharging the battery. The motor did stop working when it was below -20 but thats the only problem i have had with it. Its only about 4oo mtrs from my house so no distance to travel to hunt:).
Just waiting for the weather to warm up and the snow to go so i can start building the enclosed hunting tower over looking thefeeding place.

That's wonderfull jagare how often do you have to fill it? I have to travel 1.5 hours to fill mine 2-3 times a week an automatic one like this would save me a lot of work. And it's right on your doorstep almost you've got it made out there m8

Hej, CWMMAN3738, I put in a 18 kg bag about every 2 weeks. The spreader cost about £95 they can be had for about £50 without the solar panel.They are 12 volt and will last about 2 months between charges. The blue pastic barrels i can get for nothing, local. I'll take some pics next weekend and post them up

Thanks I will have a look for some on the Internet it would save me loads of work & time not to mention fuel I look forward to the pics thanks again.
Hej, CWMMAN3738, I put in a 18 kg bag about every 2 weeks. The spreader cost about £95 they can be had for about £50 without the solar panel.They are 12 volt and will last about 2 months between charges. The blue pastic barrels i can get for nothing, local. I'll take some pics next weekend and post them up

Hi CWMMAN3738, try Bushwear for auto feeder. I have built myself a similar unit to Jagare using one and they are a great help.

​Atb

Hi CWMMAN3738, try Bushwear for auto feeder. I have built myself a similar unit to Jagare using one and they are a great help.

​Atb

I knew there was a reason why you shot so many boar, they are not wild at all, you are are hand rearing them. :stir: :lol:

I knew there was a reason why you shot so many boar, they are not wild at all, you are are hand rearing them. :stir: :lol:
Now then Mike, gonna call foul on that one mate. Well below the belt!! Need all the help I can get and they are far from tame I assure you!!:thumb:

You just keep driving them south Matt and they will have to take their chances when they get to me. I'll tell you one thing though I'm not going to take any chances just annoying them I will use the 8mm or 9.3mm. :D

The main problem with boar though is moving the bloody awkward things on your own if they are of any reasonable size. The first one that I encountered weighed about 90kg, without thinking I grabbed a hind leg and tried to drag it out to the ride, it just didn't move. I had expected to be able to drag it on my own the same as you would a deer but I found out that they aren't like a deer at all, the big ugly smelly things.

They will be with you soon I'm sure. Then you will want to see the design of my auto feeder!

damn right on calibre selection. That's why I'm having a .338 federal built

There are boar only a few miles away from my little wood at the moment, it's only a matter of time. They won't be welcomed by the landowners I can tell you, and I don't think they would take too kindly to me feeding them in order to get them in a position where they can be safely shot. They would probably see it as encouraging them.

I've never come across a .338 Federal but on paper the ballistics look good, I look forward to seeing how it shoots. The usual riflesmith I suppose, I would have thought you would have learned your lesson by now. He's a bad man he only makes you want to go and have another one built. :lol:

I presume the auto feeders from Bushwear are similar or the same as in the Kettner and Frankonia catalogues.

There are boar only a few miles away from my little wood at the moment, it's only a matter of time. They won't be welcomed by the landowners I can tell you, and I don't think they would take too kindly to me feeding them in order to get them in a position where they can be safely shot. They would probably see it as encouraging them.

I've never come across a .338 Federal but on paper the ballistics look good, I look forward to seeing how it shoots. The usual riflesmith I suppose, I would have thought you would have learned your lesson by now. He's a bad man he only makes you want to go and have another one built. :lol:

I presume the auto feeders from Bushwear are similar or the same as in the Kettner and Frankonia catalogues.
Give it time Mike, they will turn up on your ground soon, I'm sure. Explained properly as diversionary feeding and stacking odds in your favour (both true) then feeding is effective and accepted by my farmers.

.338 federal is being built by the usual rifle smith who will see me in the poor house at this rate! Sako 75 .308 being re-barrelled and modest tart up for this project. You will see it at the range once built!

feeder is a USA import and is the only one on the Bushwear website. Really good kit. If you fancy a look at mine one evening, you'd be most welcome.

Give it time Mike, they will turn up on your ground soon, I'm sure. Explained properly as diversionary feeding and stacking odds in your favour (both true) then feeding is effective and accepted by my farmers.

.338 federal is being built by the usual rifle smith who will see me in the poor house at this rate! Sako 75 .308 being re-barrelled and modest tart up for this project. You will see it at the range once built!

feeder is a USA import and is the only one on the Bushwear website. Really good kit. If you fancy a look at mine one evening, you'd be most welcome.

I belive my premiums could soon be taking a hike with all this talk of fancy rifles and new fangled feeders :lol:

I belive my premiums could soon be taking a hike with all this talk of fancy rifles and new fangled feeders :lol:
Fear not Thomas, the rifle builder in question does a first class job but takes his time allowing plenty of time to save up. The feeder was, however, an extravagance given that I got a certain agricultural engineer in Ross who is renowned for the quality of his work and size of his bills to make it. The automated spinner bit was cheap, the steel box section tripod was rather pricey!

Thank you, my mind has been put at rest and I will sleep easy tonight knowing my premiums will not be quadrupling ;)))))

ATB

Tom

Back