Tumbler Recommendations

TASR12

Afternoon All,

Just looking for some tumbler recommendations in the run up to Christmas so I can start dropping some hints?! I reload .308 predominantly now, although maybe a few .270 from time to time. I wouldn't anticipate doing more than 100 in a oner.

Any advice on make and models would be appreciated.

Regards,

T.

Last edited:
spud's got some or mine is a dillon i can get around 400 .243 in it or 300 .308 its getting on as iv had it since the 80's but still doing the deed, also i use for small amounts say 100 cases an ultrasonic job no mess and cleans inside and out. look at maplin as they are cheaper as not gun related :eek:

Thanks for the responses. I've had a small Maplins ultrasonic cleaner for a couple of years but you can only get 20odd in at a time. That isn't the main issue it's more the drying out that's then required. That and there's nothing like a bit of media to bring up a shine on the outside.
Its more of a nice to have hence the timing pre Xmas. I saw Spuds advert when searching, wasn't sure if these were the same as the Lyman 1200 Pro which seems to retail for a lot more?

Cheers.

Lyman 2200. Mine's lasted 20 years of hard graft.

Tried a light bake on the cases after the ultrasonic? Say around 50C for an hour or two. Not anymore heat than that mind otherwise they may get a tad soft.
I'm lucky: solid fuel stove that on tickover is just right.

I saw Spuds advert when searching, wasn't sure if these were the same as the Lyman 1200 Pro which seems to retail for a lot more?

Cheers.

Ive just looked and Spud is doing the 1200 pro for less money than I paid for mine about 3-4 years ago.

Cheers Spud.
Is the 1200 overkill for doing just 100 or less at a time and does it come with a sifter or do you have to 'drain' it each time?
Apologies for the questions!
T.

Last edited:
Managed to google (connection here isn't good hence the questions) I've borrowed the 2200 before which has a drain port so guessing the 1200 doesn't?
Will pass on the details regardless.
​T.

Back