Expensive toys 4x4's

norma 308

Well as I live and work very close together I commute by quad feeding the shoots inhabitants with wheat every day so getting home this afternoon was easy my wife however has taken 2 1/2 hrs to come some 10 miles or so and only made it to the next village fortunately the shoot goes right upto said village so I got the l200 fired up and went x-country to pick here up .it was effort less on the snow and I have to say although they are expensive to run insure and generally sit on the drive boy it was handy tonight her work colleague hasn't made it home and ended up in a ditch after a 180 degree spin so glad she had the sence to park up and call .i expect the insurance firms will be a little busy for a day or two yet .
Cheers Norma

i,m the only 1 on my road with a 4x4 all be it 11 houses and i,m the only 1 with a car in drive so far lol.
stav

Worth every penny, nipped out earlier and its great driving past the ones in the village who like to think they are 10 bob millionaires stuck in there fancy cars :D

loved it today,

Some of those who look at my wee vitara when im in and out in the week must think what a silly we thing. (those with Volvo estates and alike)

well i went to take the dog for a run down beside H4H and have a good walk with the wife and the youngest girl. there was 14 cars of all shape and sizes from the soldiers quarters all over the place (still 7 out there now) and i have been out and back again 3 times,

dog walk,
tescos
chinese take away and ill be out in a bit to collect the oldest from her boy friends.

love it,.................like a visa card......................priceless,

bob.

I must admit, it's a pretty smug experience driving around in the snow in a 4x4 but I reckon everyone should do some time in a rear wheel drive car with fat low profile tyres to trully appreciate what they've got!

I had a 360hp rear wheel drive car with semi slick tyres, now that took skill to get about in the snow.... the main skill was looking out the window, seeing white, and putting the keys back in the drawer! :lol:

Why can't people know their/their car's limitations?? :banghead:

expensive yes. toy would be if id got a new chassis on the beast before winter. and i have the money there to do it.:(:cry::banghead:

I must admit, it's a pretty smug experience driving around in the snow in a 4x4 but I reckon everyone should do some time in a rear wheel drive car with fat low profile tyres to trully appreciate what they've got!

I had a 360hp rear wheel drive car with semi slick tyres, now that took skill to get about in the snow.... the main skill was looking out the window, seeing white, and putting the keys back in the drawer! :lol:

Why can't people know their/their car's limitations?? :banghead:

I left my car of similar purpose snuggled under a blanket of snow and took the wife's Landy out only to find a PDP delivery van sideways in a hedge blocking a steep narrow road. There was no way to get past, or any way to turn around. Reversing 1/4 mile down a steep, twisty, narrow, iced over road proved exciting! Who needs track days when you've got snowy lanes!

I live out in the country here in Virginia .

We have about 70 acres in between 2 horse farms , a poultry farm/vineyard behind us and a dairy farm across the road .

So except for the Benz all our vehicles are 4x4 . My Kawasaki ATV is also 4x4 and the same can be said for my John Deere tractor !

Might not always need 4x4 on any of them but when you do it damn nice to have .

Suzuki Grand Vitara XL7.........will go anywhere although it needs a new set rubber on the wheels but small price to pay for staying on the road !

Back