Thumbs up for my new Hardy Gen IV.

Win Mod 70

Managed to get out after work yesturday to fit and zero my new Mod that arrived on Tuesday. Arrived on the farm to find 20 odd Fallow in the feild over from where I had planned to zero the rifle. After unsucessfully trying to stalk into them i set up a target, fitted the mod and fired the first shot. Unexpected! the scope stayed on target but POI was low and left. three more and the rifle was ready to go.
Time was getting on so I had an hour in a ground seat before last light. On making my way back to the truck i noticed two dark shapes against the hedge in a dip. Closed to 120 and could see that it was two fallow feeding. Wind in my face and cut the distance to 90. Deer still happly feeding. a further 20 and down onto the bipod. Could just pick out the front legs of a very dark coloured doe steadied the cross hairs and fired. Very strange! actually heard the impact and saw the reaction to the shot clearly and the deer ran 20 yards befor dropping.

Very happy with the new mod and the intigrated muzzel brake illiminates any muzzel flip. If i though i could justify it I'd chop in the Wildcat on my 308 and get another Hardy......
;)

Win Mod 70

Managed to get out after work yesturday to fit and zero my new Mod that arrived on Tuesday. Arrived on the farm to find 20 odd Fallow in the feild over from where I had planned to zero the rifle. After unsucessfully trying to stalk into them i set up a target, fitted the mod and fired the first shot. Unexpected! the scope stayed on target but POI was low and left. three more and the rifle was ready to go.
Time was getting on so I had an hour in a ground seat before last light. On making my way back to the truck i noticed two dark shapes against the hedge in a dip. Closed to 120 and could see that it was two fallow feeding. Wind in my face and cut the distance to 90. Deer still happly feeding. a further 20 and down onto the bipod. Could just pick out the front legs of a very dark coloured doe steadied the cross hairs and fired. Very strange! actually heard the impact and saw the reaction to the shot clearly and the deer ran 20 yards befor dropping.

Very happy with the new mod and the intigrated muzzel brake illiminates any muzzel flip. If i though i could justify it I'd chop in the Wildcat on my 308 and get another Hardy......
;)

Win Mod 70

Go on...you know you want to...

Great bit of kit, and they are getting noticed out there

Cheers
i.

Been using one for 3 months now. No difference between it and p8 or t8 in performance, just a lot lighter and shorter, guns are a pleasure to use now with a mod on, bought another for my 243 as well as my 7mm

Sorry to rekindle an old thread, but any more reports on the Hardy Gen IV now that theres a few more about. In comparison to a JetZ, are they much louder? On a personal level, do people think that the weight and size of the hardy outweigh any noise difference?

I currently use JetZ's on my CF rifles and to be fair, although they are very effective, the added length and weight are getting a bit tedious.

Also, with the muzzle break feature on the gen IV.. do you think this has a negative affect for those shooting over dogs or at a range?

Thanks in advance.

FFM

I have a jet z on my 243. That's my go to gun, and I probably cull about 60-70 deer a year with it. I love the noise reduction, but don't like the weight. However, it is only used for lowland stalking and I can carry it about all morning.
For mountains and trophy hunting I have a 300wm with the hardy gen 4. Pluses are that it hardly weighs anything and does a great job of reducing muzzle flip. I can carry that plus spotting scope, water and mountain kit in my rucksack etc all day. For what I want its perfect; but then I rarely fire more then one shot with it, so noise suppression isn't an issue for me,

I'd not swap mine for anything - other than Melanie Sykes in hold-ups...

It's very light but not as quiet as the old T8 was (Caveat; on my 6.5x55. Others will have different calibres and ears!), but then I have dropped 2 Roe bucks within 8 mins and 3 yards of each other, so clearly THEY aren't bothered! I do get more muzzle flip than with the T8, but don't have an issue with that.

Can't comment on shooting over dogs

[h=2]hardy gen moderators[/h]
I picked up my new hardy gen 4 ,looking forward to useing it and not geting as much kick from my 308 as claimed up to 10% more reduction in recoil , what a load off sh!t as much recoil as the wildcats or reflex t8, and i now have muzzle flip to boot ,:mad: I wish i could take it back and have my wildcat back as that did kick but it was not as loud and i never got muzzle flip . I no this is down to the bulit in brake at the front but it seems a bit pointless to have a brake when it creates the flip i would not recomened this moderator .and i would not buy another one .Has anyone eles had any problems ? sorry i should have said this is lying prone this i posted in feb or march i have come to live with it now but i stand bye what i said back then ,i won't bye one again ,but it is light​

i really like mine changed it from a jet z for a 7mm08 was a little sceptical at first but the more i use it the more i like it. i reckon most of it is a perception thing like getting rid of a girlfreind and then you want her back later on when you have a new version. in reality women are alot like moderators and all make the same amount of noise.

as for the muzzle break ive noticed with mine when shooting prone it leaves signiture around 1 foot (ish) forward of muzzle. so dogs and people would have to be in a pretty unsafe situation for it to have an effect.

results may differ

i'd be interested to see and hear one in the flesh. the fact its half the weight of a jetz and adds less length is a big attraction to me.

Berg - whats the thread on yours?

hardy gen moderators

I picked up my new hardy gen 4 ,looking forward to useing it and not geting as much kick from my 308 as claimed up to 10% more reduction in recoil , what a load off sh!t as much recoil as the wildcats or reflex t8, and i now have muzzle flip to boot ,:mad: I wish i could take it back and have my wildcat back as that did kick but it was not as loud and i never got muzzle flip . I no this is down to the bulit in brake at the front but it seems a bit pointless to have a brake when it creates the flip i would not recomened this moderator .and i would not buy another one .Has anyone eles had any problems ? sorry i should have said this is lying prone this i posted in feb or march i have come to live with it now but i stand bye what i said back then ,i won't bye one again ,but it is light​

I doubt the muzzle flip bit is from the muzzle brake bit it's more likely that you have drasticly reduced the weight at the end of the muzzle by fitting the Hardy. You should tie a brick to the Hardy so it imitates one of the old mods and see if it still flips;)

Have one on my rifle, very pleases with it, light & short & no difference in performance in compare to some of the other heavier ones...

I noticed less muzzle flip with the hardy gen 4 compared to the T8 and Jet Z using the same calibre and rifle. Love mine. Very happy with my choice.

Use a Hardy IV on my 25.06 and a T8 on my .270. I really like the Hardy and to be perfectly honest I can't really make out and difference in noise reduction between the two. Hardy also doesn't spoil the balance of the rifle. T8 does a great job of reducing muzzle flip though. I plan to give it a season on the stags and hinds. If I find the weight/balance a pain in the back side I will change it for a Hardy.

Back