The Shooting Show....

Tim.243

Not sure if anyone has spotted the bad gun discipline ( or lack of it) in the latest episode...

"It is a shame @ min 10.33 also 11.04 the guy is mounting an auto with people in the stands in front of him....!!
Who ever does your proofing of the video shoots wants a kick up the back side as well as the guy running that section.....From what I can see there is no flag in the auto...!!!!! "

Tim.243

I was watching a demonstration of a flint lock pistol once, it did not go off and the guy tried to clear it with it pointing at me and kids. I 'had a word'.

Watched it this morning Tim, frightening, like clay shooting with Del Boy and Rodney!

Quite.....I see admin from the shooting show are keeping there heads down as should the people in the clay stand...lol

I called Robert B last night and in our usual chit chat about foxing I mentioned the clip...He said oh dear what have they filmed wrong know lol

Very surprised with the lack of comments as if it was guy measuring out 2 extra grains on a load then there would be lots of replies.lol

Tim.243

Last edited:
Seeing as there was an edit between the reload followig the shot and him climbing down, you can't know what state the rifle was in.

-JMS

Couldnt agree more. I have no doubt that Peter Carr, being as experienced as he is, would be well versed in safe handling of a firearm.
However, the safety steps should be shown or commented on in the narration specifically to avoid threads like this.

Couldnt agree more. I have no doubt that Peter Carr, being as experienced as he is, would be well versed in safe handling of a firearm.
However, the safety steps should be shown or commented on in the narration specifically to avoid threads like this.

At the end of the day, the shooting show, just like FSB is an entertainment program catering for the shooting community... it is not an instructional series for complete novices! As experienced shooters we need to take a step back and accept that correct handling and procedures will have been followed. It would get pretty boring and frustrating if 50% of the program ended up being consumed by footage of every step of everything with running commentaries describing the processes on the way to appease the SD H&S brigade!!! I want to see the action and the subject matter not the bits in between!

I agree mate. Unfortunately it's not being exclusively viewed by experienced shooters. We have the common sense to watch it and know what's going on behind the scenes. Unfortunately with the internet anyone can see it. It's the same reason that people often add disclaimers to load data they put on forums (safe in my rifle, start 10% less, work up slow etc)
You never know who's reading/watching. There is some proper numpties out there.

Back