foxes

wraith

how meney foxes do you shoot each year i average about 250 a year for the last 3 years 162 vixens the rest dog foxes had up to 7 in a night using night vision dedicated gen3 rifle scope is this a good number per season as i would like to think im not bad at it :D

Thats a lot of foxes but it depends where you live. Some areas have very few foxes where others hold a huge population. We personally shoot between 50 - 70 a year but dont have big numbers around us....

Yes,that sounds like a good number.Over what sort of acreage would they be taken?

Martin
hi bud this is over two farms and a large hill more land dont know the acarage to be honest but most of the shots are on the farms as for the hill foxes mabey 14 a year if i find the den to big a area to stalk them the odd dead sheep left out works for a while then they sit like 600yards out craftey buggers have a housing estate near one of the farms with a golf course right next to my permision so foxes come from both and i have a wild life sanctuary next to that ground would be in miles easey all my permisions over lap each other walk from one to the other just step over in to the next bit of land all my ground was obtained from one farmer telling another about the number of foxes shot so have bean very lucky and verry happy with my lot

how meney foxes do you shoot each year i average about 250 a year for the last 3 years 162 vixens the rest dog foxes had up to 7 in a night using night vision dedicated gen3 rifle scope is this a good number per season as i would like to think im not bad at it :D

**** me!!!! I've been after the same one for the last 4 weeks :fox:

That is alot of foxes!!!! i'm new to fox shooting and have shot 10 this year and i'm pretty pleased with myself, my permission is a pheasant shoot and the keeper gets out lamping as much as he can.
Just waiting for the Rape to be cut so i can get out with NV, would love to get to 20 by end of the year.
If i shot 250 a year i would be keepers best friend for ever...............

i had one 12months to get onley reason i new it was the same fox was it was black with silver in its coat first time i saw it thought it was a german shepard was so big triyed every thing to get it then one night walking back to car there he was walking across feald was a good shot on him was like draging a roe back to the farm nackered me biggest fox to date hardley eney teeth black as coal with silver tips

That is one hugh amount of foxes. What attracts them to your farms. 250 in year one must have put a large dent in the number of breeding pairs.

If I shot that many vixens.. There would be no foxes for the next breeding season
i shoot about 100 of 2 farms and we cage trap about a further 50
all off about 400 acres

I've only been properly foxing since I got my CF in February and to date I've accounted for 3 at one farm and 9 at the other so 12 in total. If I were allowed in the valley at the back of one of the shoots I'd shoot a hell of a lot more but the keeper want's it to himself.:cry:

That is one hugh amount of foxes. What attracts them to your farms. 250 in year one must have put a large dent in the number of breeding pairs.
thats the thing what attracts them there are no rabbits on the ground there are lots of hares roe deer sheep cattle but not much else not spoted that meney frogs mice but somthing draws them in best weeks are after calving the **** contains a lot of milk which is like a magnet to them same after muck spreading they are every where have onley found 3dens on the ground so far i thought most of them came from a nabouring housing estate but as fast as i shoot them more move in im not complaning rairley get a bad night think the night vision helps as they cant get lamp shy just dead on sight

Here`s an easy one.

7510b304.jpg

250 is a lot of foxes :-|

how many times a week do you go out to rack up that many?

I know that feeling, I'd been after a cub for weeks. Bloody thing got away that many times we named her "Lucky". One of the other lads came across her sitting where I usually park and she wasn't lucky anymore:lol:

250 is a lot of foxes :-|

how many times a week do you go out to rack up that many?

thats what I was thinking especially when you consider times you can't see them due to cover etc, I do 50 or so a year at the moment and at times that feels like I'm chasing the same one for ages. Still harvest is underway and we might actually get on top of them for a short while

Back