Sika stags fighting 2nite

dlz90

Just watched 2nite two very evenly matched sika stags fighting,I had a ringside seat if you like, it was on the side of a very steep hill with woodland either side in a small clearing, each one fighting to get the upper ground sods and dirt flying everywhere in each ones effort to maintain grip very exciting to watch every now and then they broke off and trashed the ground and nearby vegatation I would say they were at least six pointers but because of the time very near dark it was hard to say with any accuracy and they never stood still long enough for me to get a count, anyways they eventually winded me when the wind direction changed though I only had bionculars and a stick with me and no rifle (will ammend that some night very soon) it was a truly brilliant display and really made my night to describe it in one word awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Just watched 2nite two very evenly matched sika stags fighting,I had a ringside seat if you like, it was on the side of a very steep hill with woodland either side in a small clearing, each one fighting to get the upper ground sods and dirt flying everywhere in each ones effort to maintain grip very exciting to watch every now and then they broke off and trashed the ground and nearby vegatation I would say they were at least six pointers but because of the time very near dark it was hard to say with any accuracy and they never stood still long enough for me to get a count, anyways they eventually winded me when the wind direction changed though I only had bionculars and a stick with me and no rifle (will ammend that some night very soon) it was a truly brilliant display and really made my night to describe it in one word awesome!!!!!!!!!!

What part of the country are you in?

We heard them whistling a couple of weeks ago, and I have also seen a good but of ripping up the ground. A regular large wallow is back in full operation too.

IMG_0293.JPG

There must be something in the air! This calf spent twenty minutes last night trying to get into position on his mother.....

A good amount of noise coming from Wicklow. For this time of year and the weather we are having its hard to beleive roll on saturaday morning

Back