pleasant suprise from kent police

tonyt

fac application went in late june and finally turned up last week. Whilst this is not exactly fast from what I see on other posts, the contents were a good result:
applied for 22lr, .243 & .308 , all with mods & exp ammo

got
open certificate
22lr, .243 & .308 , all with mods & exp ammo
vermin on 22lr, fox & deer on the two larger calibres
100 buy/250 hold on each of .243, .308, and 7.62mm
500 buy/1000 hold on 22lr

don't think I could have asked for / expected more...?

collected a good value s/h left handed .243 fluted sauer 202/ t8 at the weekend, and now on the lookout for a good value leftie 22lr

tonyt

Glad you got what you asked for Tony
From my experience Kent Firearms Licensing Team are a good bunch with a v heavy workload - hence the waiting time. It took mine nearly 6 months to come through so they must have done some serious work to bring it down to what you experienced.
My FEO is a chap called Richard. Always helpful.
regards

Andrew

Agree - everyone I dealt with was very helpful in kent police
Re open cert, i have had sgc for 4 years, and one of referees for fac was a guy I shoot regularly with.
Have no other prior firearms exp (since 303 at school anyway), but have dsc1 booked for nov as well as monthly stalks booked throughout summer/ winter. Flo also mentioned that he had had a 'thorough' conversation about my suitability with my stalking mentor ( I had just been out on my first stalk when I had my flo visit).
Tonyt

Fair play mate, good going.
I only hope my application will be a smooth and with such a decent outcome.
Any tips on hoy you swung an open on your first grant?

Well done Tony, have you had any conditions put on the cert at all? i too thought Deer & AOLQ

I did actually request 'deer & aolq' based on all of the guidance I got from this forum - I guess I wont be shooting rabbits with !
160 grain any time soon. ..

Back