Liebour and Taxes

tozzybum

the shadow chancellor has announced he,s going to review the tax laws in our favour:rofl:.he,s also going to make up the shortfall by making the nasty corporations ,Google,Starbucks ,Costa etc pay their fair share:cuckoo:.like thats going to happen,it didnt happen for the ten of more years they were in charge.and to make sure the HMRC are doing it right he,s going to investigate them.thoughts anyone:popcorn:

the shadow chancellor has announced he,s going to review the tax laws in our favour:rofl:.he,s also going to make up the shortfall by making the nasty corporations ,Google,Starbucks ,Costa etc pay their fair share:cuckoo:.like thats going to happen,it didnt happen for the ten of more years they were in charge.and to make sure the HMRC are doing it right he,s going to investigate them.thoughts anyone:popcorn:

It is easy to spout such simplistic drivel when in opposition and you don't actually have to find a real solution to a real problem. There is no legislative or political magic wand, if resolving the economic and social problems of the country really were that simple it would have been done decades ago.

Everytime Mr C spouts something I am reminded of a phrase from 24 (yes the Jack Bauer 24) when the megalomaniac VP manages to seize power from the injured President... later on when his 'SIMPLE and OBVIOUS' solutions are going right down the toilet.... he utters to his PA... 'Until you sit in this chair... you have no idea!'

The wife and I were sat both yelling at the TV last night when he was saying that he hoped he would be able to convince his colleagues that "a world free from nuclear weapons would be a good thing!" YES... OF COURSE IT WOULD... BUT THAT ISN'T GOING TO BE ACHIEVED BY US GIVING UP OURS!!!!!!! YOU CAN'T SIMPLY UN-INVENT SOMETHING AND MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!!

I could quite easily sit here and give you solutions to most of the worlds problems... would they be feasible or sensible in the real world... absolutely not! The problem with the Corbyn and Labour Party, and the Lib Dems and UKIP too for that matter is that they are just dreamers... what a wonderful world we could have!!! let's follow the greens and dismantle the UK armed forces and turn all the military bases into nature reserves... Wouldn't that be wonderful?.... er.. yes, until some rogue nation just decide to walk in and take over... bloody marvellous thinking that is!!!

Yes Jeremy et al... to live in Utopia would be a fabulous thing... problem is we don't live in a utopian world... far from it!!!!

And another thing... where on earth is all the money going to come from for all this Mr C?

He was only voted in so they can oust him later on and replace with another "New Labour" candidate. Its only the palms up, want something for nothing, can't be arsed to work, hand-out brigade that would actually vote for the dinosaur anyway.

All animals are equal - except some animals are more equal than others.....[/QUOTE

So I'm not the only one reminded on Orwell. Have the feeling the "farm animals" have just elected the pigs as their leaders with out understanding what they have set in motion.

No disrespect to real pigs intended.

Last edited:
the real pigs are more intelligent than these 70,s throwbacks,we dont live in la la land where money grows on trees and everyone is a tofu munching vegan who wouldnt harm a fly.maybe they should claim an alarm clock on ex,s then they can WAKE UP and smell the coffee??

Companies like Google will just hold a dutch auction and move their operation to which ever country offeres them the best tax breaks

Jo public dont seem to comprehend that we make so much revenue indirectly from thease big companies that the corporation tax is reely negligable

I run a small buisness and pay a nominal sum in corporation tax but an absolute bucket load in VAT PAYE etc

The government makes a LOT more money from my hard work than I do

But he's pandering to the media fueled public outrage and stands a chance of getting solid suport from the uneducated masses because lets face it the big corps have had it off large for such a long time even those that understand how it works are raising an eyebrow.

Id like to be PM and id invoke 15% tax across the board with prison & wealth reclomation for people who avoid it.

Its low enough for every one to pay and would probably increase our overall tax fund as the rich flock here for the tax break for a change

ATB

Chasey

thats the problem lots of big companies paying no tax and having people working part time paying no stamp ect the only people getting stung for everything are the ones on paye
atb tom

Sadly the way the tax laws are set up means that large corporations can just stick two fingers up if they dont like the lie of the land and move elsewhere, and those with deep enough pockets can become non-doms and either move between their various homes every few months or live in a tax haven like Monaco, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.

The folks who are going to get NAILED (and I do mean nailed!) by Corbyn and his mob are those earning from £35k up to £200k per year and who are PAYE employees of a company. The big hitters in management can request relocations if they want them, but those a bit further down who cant will be taxed until the pips squeak and wont be able to do a damn thing about it.

All this talk of "tax the rich" is daft - Less than 10% of earners in the country earn more than £100k a year, and less than 4% earn over £150k. You cant just nail the rich, there arent that many of them as it is, and if you do wheres the incentive to do the stressful job? You might as well just stay doing the lower stress job and have a decent work/life balance!

And while I'm on my soapbox, £45k a year in the South East doesnt make you rich! Thats barely enough to afford a one bed apartment in most places, but the way the tax codes are set up you're a high rate payer because they set the rate way back when and then left it where it is. Fiscal creep ensured that more and more people fell into the high rate bracket - So even though there hasnt been a de jure tax increase theres been a de facto one as the rates are so far out of line with inflation its not even funny.

The only way Corbyn is going to get the tax laws back in favour of most families is to up the tax free limit at the bottom to around £20k, shift the 40% rate up to about £65k a year, scrap the removal of the tax free allowance over £100k a year and remove the 45% bracket over £150k. Oh, and bin inheritance tax because thats also well out of line with inflation and house prices. And then he's going to have to learn to cut his suit to the cloth he has in terms of government spending.

What he means though is "tax the nuts of everyone earning more than the average, increase the public sector hugely, bring back the unions and splash the cash". Cue brain drain, corporations leaving the UK and another winter of discontent a la 1978.

I am with you. I will try and avoid getting into what will be a rant involving national dislike of wealth creation, lack of graduate jobs, stupid levels of student debt, the daft amounts of pressure and poor work life balance that is becoming the norm.

Its the same as comments that grouse shooting is for the elite and should be banned..the whole premise of that statement annoys me.

Sadly the way the tax laws are set up means that large corporations can just stick two fingers up if they dont like the lie of the land and move elsewhere, and those with deep enough pockets can become non-doms and either move between their various homes every few months or live in a tax haven like Monaco, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.

The folks who are going to get NAILED (and I do mean nailed!) by Corbyn and his mob are those earning from £35k up to £200k per year and who are PAYE employees of a company. The big hitters in management can request relocations if they want them, but those a bit further down who cant will be taxed until the pips squeak and wont be able to do a damn thing about it.

All this talk of "tax the rich" is daft - Less than 10% of earners in the country earn more than £100k a year, and less than 4% earn over £150k. You cant just nail the rich, there arent that many of them as it is, and if you do wheres the incentive to do the stressful job? You might as well just stay doing the lower stress job and have a decent work/life balance!

And while I'm on my soapbox, £45k a year in the South East doesnt make you rich! Thats barely enough to afford a one bed apartment in most places, but the way the tax codes are set up you're a high rate payer because they set the rate way back when and then left it where it is. Fiscal creep ensured that more and more people fell into the high rate bracket - So even though there hasnt been a de jure tax increase theres been a de facto one as the rates are so far out of line with inflation its not even funny.

The only way Corbyn is going to get the tax laws back in favour of most families is to up the tax free limit at the bottom to around £20k, shift the 40% rate up to about £65k a year, scrap the removal of the tax free allowance over £100k a year and remove the 45% bracket over £150k. Oh, and bin inheritance tax because thats also well out of line with inflation and house prices. And then he's going to have to learn to cut his suit to the cloth he has in terms of government spending.

What he means though is "tax the nuts of everyone earning more than the average, increase the public sector hugely, bring back the unions and splash the cash". Cue brain drain, corporations leaving the UK and another winter of discontent a la 1978.

Back