KNZ blocks

traveler

Thinking about giving the KNZ blocks a go again. Tried them before on Roe and had very little uptake to be honest. Currently working on much more mineral deficient ground so hoping they might be more successful. Anyone else had any similar experience? Was thinking this time I might try covering them/their stump with molasses to try and get them going on them to start with.

We've put licks and blocks of various types on our ground in the Borders. None have ever been touched. The deer there are generally in very good condition and there's plenty of natural food for them to go at.

Cheers,

Bob.

We've put licks and blocks of various types on our ground in the Borders. None have ever been touched. The deer there are generally in very good condition and there's plenty of natural food for them to go at.

Cheers,

Bob.

Same here, in the borders they seem to do very well and never touched anything we put down.
With this mild winter there are some very nice bucks showing already
ILB

I have tried these in various locals, trail cam showed no interest what so ever even though carrots apple etc were all round the blocks,fallow at least never even sniffed em.

Hmmm. Not convincing me to shell out (or ask my boss to!!) the 000's these cost to watch them go to waste. What people have said above echoes my previous experience but I am on poorer ground now. Apparently some have had noticeable success with them.

if not already done get a soil sample tested and some spring grass tested and see whats what. I had the same experience with KNZ put them out for 2yrs with almost no trade , did the usual cut a stump about 3ft off ground augered o hole and sunk an off-cut rebar in to locate the block , third year they started at them , now they get used fairly well but deer seem to prefer to eat the stump or ground where the snotters off the block run down. The smaller goat rockies might be worth a try to see if anything is going to use it without breaking the bank

Tried blocks on lowland roe with no joy but use general sheep blocks for reds with great success. As pitiliedon, I put them on a post 3-4 feet high to stop the sheep getting at them.

We use knz blocks for red deer where I work and they get used a lot. Maybe the roe deer are not as deficient as being smaller and get enough natural minerals easier.

Back