Recomendations for a 10 round ammunition holder

Sauer_202_6.5x55

I would never believe it could be so difficult to find an ammunition holder.........

I'm looking for a cordura 10 round ammunition holder / wallet to go on my belt. I don't like leather ones as they tend to leave green rings around the cases. I've tried the Garlands 14 round wallets and find the elastic fastener doesn't work well.

Having spent a whole afternoon searching the net I can't believe I'm the only one who has had this issue....... Just as well it's been too wet and windy to go stalking or I'd be even more frustrated!!!

Any suggestions, views or reviews on where I can find what I'm looking for please folks???

I've got one of these, it's made by "Uncle mike's" which is an American company, it has "sidekick" on the back, even though it's manufactured in Vietnam it is well made and certainly does the job. It is made from stiff pre shaped ballistic nylon and is built to last. It has a heavy duty Velcro fastening.

I can't remember where I bought it from now, I believe it was from a trader on this site, but I've deleted the relevant email details. However if you google it I am sure you can find a retailer. The model number I believe is 88451.

I have placed my iPhone by it in one of the photos to give you an idea of the size
It's about the best I have seen of its type.

The ammo in the wallet is 270 cal.

cheers Paul

​update.... I believe it was from moray outfitting that it was purchased, several years ago.

Last edited:
I just use old Federal 10 round holders that comes with the factory ammunition and keep them in my rucksack or pocket. If you shoot a .308 Win based round, I can send you a couple?

Regards JCS

I've got one of these, it's made by "Uncle mike's" which is an American company, it has "sidekick" on the back, even though it's manufactured in Vietnam it is well made and certainly does the job. It is made from pre shaped ballistic nylon and is built to last. It has a heavy duty Velcro fastening.

I can't remember where I bought it from now, I believe it was from trader on this site but I've deleted the relevant email details. However if you google it I am sure you can find a retailer. The model number I believe is 88451.

I have placed my iPhone by it in one of the photos to give you an idea of the size
It's about the best I have seen of its type.

The ammo in the wallet is 270 cal.

cheers Paul

Hi Paul,

That's exactly what I'm after but I can't find any available in the UK.......

I just use old Federal 10 round holders that comes with the factory ammunition and keep them in my rucksack or pocket. If you shoot a .308 Win based round, I can send you a couple?

Regards JCS

Hi JCS,

Thank you for your kind offer, I've got some of the plastic strips at home but am really looking for what has photographed above - I just can't find one in the UK.

Jack Pyke do a folding padded cordura ammo wallet, I've had mine a few years and the elastic is still snug on the rounds.

"Moray outfitting" just sprang into my head, that may very well have been the trader but Im not 100% sure . I remember the person sending me a Z-aim sling and ammo wallet on approval before paying, just to look them over, it was great service!

worth a try!

regards Paul.

ps, here is a jack pike one in comparison, I believe this came from the same trader also, it holds 16 rounds and also has a Velcro fastening.... I use this just to store ammo as personally I think it's too big to put on a belt, it would fit in a coat or trouser leg pocket ok though.

Last edited:
Mine is a leather one made by RWS, it is real quality. Can't say I've noticed any rounds with green on them, mind you they don't stay in it long :)Have you tried Gregor at Tain?

If i need another 10 rnds ;) then again will stock up from the car or base after dragging the first 10 home :eek:

905702_1204420626239676_2637916908935325074_o.jpg

...Sorry Not helping ..... :oops:

Allen Company makes nylon folding wallets for the belt which hold 10 shotshells, 12 centerfire, or a mix. Cost is about $9.00 USD on Amazon.

Allen Company Rifle Belt Ammo Carrier Pouch

by Allen Company

I've got one of these already but find that the elastic slips through the plastic clip allowing it to open or twist partially open. I think a part of the problem is it's just a little too big for a belt pouch.

Sauer

Have you tried Ogden's? I have a cordura one from them which holds 7 I think (6.5x55) but they may do a larger or would probably make one to your spec...

I've got one of these already but find that the elastic slips through the plastic clip allowing it to open or twist partially open. I think a part of the problem is it's just a little too big for a belt pouch.
Sauer
I like the shotgun one, which is shorter, because the clip is quiet. Velcro does not work for me in most hunting.
I stitched up one of the shotgun loops so that it holds two rifle (7x57R ) cartridges.

At a thrift store, for $1.00 I also bought a new, leather horizontal belt holster for older flip cell phones, with a magnetic clasp. Stylish and quiet, it holds 4 shotgun shells.

My latest is a Cordura police case for a smart phone, $7.00 USD new. It has a slide through loop on the back plus a stainless belt clip just like for a backup pistol holster, so it can be quick on and off the belt, but will not pull off. I changed out the Velcro for a magnet clasp of a discarded ladies pocketbook. Inside, I used Velcro to hold the plastic belt clip from a box of Federal cartridges, which I cut down from 10 to 5. If you buy the larger holster for the small police radio, it will hold two of these 5-slot plastic holders back to back. When I get back home, I can take another photo.
phone-pouch-nylon-ammo.jpg
It is my poor man's home brew version of the Vero Vellini cartridge pouch ( $60.00 from Amazon ) which has replaceable inserts for rifle and shotgun shells.
vero-velllini-cartridge-pouch.jpgvero-velllini-cartridge-insert.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the mention - it was us!

E mail replied to - my list shows we have one in - but ( reeking of professionalism ) it will be in store over at John's and waiting on him being available to check.

We had trouble getting fresh stock, but I'm looking as I type ( figuratively ). I have one, but gave to be honest after only 20 years, the eladtic went a bit slack! Use that and also I purloin the Norma plastic inserts off the range and find them handy also.

Ogdens - you'll find his work flawless. Best source I know for his gear is Rob at Monarch. Whose service is flawless!

I'll revert if I can source.

Back